• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Goodwood Festival of Speed

I was thinking of going next year but you lot have put me off now!

CCAALLVVIINN said:
And how much do they spend? You'd go bust just eating the "gourmet" food, plus probably have severe gut rot if my uncooked burger was anything to go by

I paid £26 for two burgers and chips! Literally crazy money! And the burger was average at best! But I expected it to be rubbish in that sense.

I think the day and experience of it all out weighed the poor food prices.

SPX said:
I was thinking of going next year but you lot have put me off now!

I wouldn't let it put you off, I thought the day was outstanding. I'll be going next years but only on the Friday!

I wouldn't let it put you off, I thought the day was outstanding. I'll be going next years but only on the Friday!

£26 for two burgers and chips though, I'm from Yorkshire, you can buy a row of terraced houses up here for that...

£26 for two burgers and chips though, i'm from yorkshire, you can buy a row of terraced houses up here for that...
lol.

I paid £26 for two burgers and chips! Literally crazy money! And the burger was average at best! But I expected it to be rubbish in that sense.

I think the day and experience of it all out weighed the poor food prices.

We always meet at Weatherspoons for their giant breakfast whenever we go to Goodwood events. Then pop out and get a McDonalds which is just down the road then pop over to Sainsbury's for cakes this along with a couple of flasks saves a fortune.

I went on Sunday and got to the car park at around 7:30 and the queue was just building then. I definitely would go again but only for a day, lovely day out with the family.

It was my first time and i loved the hill climb especially the older cars, the smell of petrol and the scream of the exhaust was great.

I went for four days in 2013. I will admit the last day we did run out stuff to do, but going for more than one day means you can take much more in, and not be rushed trying to cram everything in.

The Thursday was very different t the other days, no hill climb classes but the moving motorshow. It was a lot quieter meaning you could get lots of shots of the concours lawn and manufacturers stands

I spent a whole day in two spots on the hill climb, grab your spot and just sit and watch everything drive by.

The rally circuit is epic and the source of some great photos.

But for me the overriding draw of FoS is just wandering round the garages. If you aren't in a rush, then you can take the time to tour the pits that are not due out for a while, speak to the guys adn hear them starting up.

I've added three representative photos, and just looking back through them all (1500!) makes me want to go back.
I can understand that its not everyone's cup of tea, but I loved every minute of it.

Attachments

• DSC_6041.jpg
    DSC_6041.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_5588.jpg
    DSC_5588.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_4640.jpg
    DSC_4640.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 13
For a gent that has spent good time on track and I suppose an enthusiast, I have never once been to Goodwood! :(

Every year I always catch it on telly and read about it in the magazines and make a promise to myself to get down there the following year... But haven't ever managed it!

I'm going to buy tickets this month for 2018 FOS to stick to the commitment of going...

Looking at the responses;

Thursday/Friday, are best days to go
Keep eye on weather
Sensible footwear (boots - if squidgy)
Bring your own lunch (unless you want to re-mortgage!)

Need to do it!

Did anyone visit the AMG Private Lounge pitch? Free drinks etc for showing your AMG keys.
According to the forum it was situated on the first bend.
By the way if anyone thought it was too packed and want to go to what is the best event outside the Classic LeMans I suggest you get tickets for the Members Meeting that takes place in March every year.
It has a very good varied race schedule plus you don't have to dress up like a ponce as per the revival

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom