Goodwood FOS Photo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
For those of you not going this year, I thought I'd start a photo thread. Wonderful day out as ever with my highlight being to drive the hill in the fly by wire Infiniti Q50 (Just don't think about the wheels not being connected to the steering wheel). See what you can spot. :)
Goodwood FOS 2014 Photos by GDC200 | Photobucket

My first time yesterday, and it was fantastic. I didn't make the Q50 list but I may test drive it later. My favourite car on the day was the S63 coupe.

Also did the helicopter ride, there wasn't a queue and never done before so had to do it.

I don't take pictures of cars so sorry can't share any.

It is THE best car event bar none. Glad you enjoyed it. We dithered about the helicopter flight but there was a queue when we went. Did you see La Ferrari in the Supercar Paddock-apparently you could have a go for £1000!

I spotted some colours that MB should use more often!

The bloke off the TT racing.

Thanks for the pics, very nice.

Not my pics:

57774577141770267.jpg

2019988761127357881.jpg

1530755431879142651.jpg

I* was there yesterday.

Thought it was ok. It is getting very commercial....

The BEST car event is The Revival meeting at the circuit.

Agree that the revival is better. A better atmosphere with, dare I say, greater cars. (I didn't say a greater range of cars)

I* was there yesterday.

Thought it was ok. It is getting very commercial....

The BEST car event is The Revival meeting at the circuit.

While I agree that the Revival meeting is good, and perhaps I bought the wrong tickets, but I couldn't get to the paddock for a close-up ogle, whereas at FoS anyone can.

That's one reason I prefer the FoS.

Brilliant pics, BTW, thanks, keep 'em coming!

Malcolm

Baxlin I thought anyone with a tie can get into the paddock at the revival?

I went today and it was fantastic. Attached is Stirling Moss was a beautiful SL. They also had loads of AMGs there including this silver one. Great day out and the weather held.

Attachments

• image-3872580914.jpg
    image-3872580914.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image-1347592958.jpg
    image-1347592958.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
I went on Thursday. I got their nice and early and there were few people around, just like there used to be on the Friday.

Weather was great but, as usual, the cars were difficult to photograph as the fronts were in sunshine and the the rest under cover.

But here are some.

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 with my son, who has had a ride through London in it.

A bit of a selfie here:

This was just asking for jokes at Vettel's expense:

The Merc that won the 1914 French GP. George Wingard, ex-senator, brought it.

SLS:

Auto Union:

Needs no introduction:

This was stunning:

This was stunninger:

I've got some video of the Rennwagen and video/audio of the 1914 Merc running. I can't post it at the moment as I was paid to take pics and interview, but I'll post links once the articles are published.

Thursday the new Friday.

Derek

nb_racing said:
Baxlin I thought anyone with a tie can get into the paddock at the revival?
It was about 7or 8 years ago, and I was in what looked like a demob suit ( double breasted pinstripe) etc.

I'll have to try again!

As others have said, the Revival is the show for me too.

Paddock passes are available to members only, although there is a section of paddock open to all (down by the aircraft display).

For the main paddock you need a pass and to be dressed in either white mechanics overalls or shirt & tie (preferably in pre-66 attire).

You get 2 passes per member (4 for family membership). This and the members only areas of the circuit/restaurants are worth the renewal and the ticket price for the most wonderful time of the year (it's better than Christmas!)

Must remember to start a thread in September to see who is going from here.

Back on topic, some great cars, Goodwood events are truly wonderful, enjoy the FoS all those lucky enough to be there.

Regards, Neil

Did anyone go on Friday? I think Mike Walker did. Photos anyone?

The red Mini in Greg's photo lives at The Heritage Centre, Gaydon.

I went on Friday, sorry should've said so in the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom