Goodwood FOS Photo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't you just love smart tv's.

Spending the afternoon at the FoS, from the comfort of my own armchair!

Live feed available on the goodwood website (also on pistonheads).

Enjoy the weekend.

Regards, Neil

Laddo is marshalling again this year, he's been up around Moulcomb (?) and has had to clear up a few spills.

He's also got to meet a few drivers - Frank Biele has been his high point (he's a big touring car / DTM freak) and he just missed JB yesterday at MacLaren. Didier Auriole and Seb Loeb also.

Never known him to be up at 4:30 in the morning for anything else - does the morning shift and then strolls around for the rest of the day. He's got loads of photos, including some great video of the Brabus 6-wheel G-Wagen growling away. I'll see if I can get him to post some.

I went on Friday and got there nice and early which was enjoyable as it was heaving later on. Some fabulous cars and fantastic audio experiences both on the hill and in the paddock too. Agree with the "commercial" comment, particularly at the entrance from Car Park A.
My only gripe is about the lack of adequate car park signage and attendants - sic - who didn't have a clue! Key plan and good numbering required I feel.

Jay Kay's La Ferrari looks bloody fantastic, it's very similar to 'Viper Green' that Porsche use on the 997 GT3RS.
Anyone care to photoshop it in Gulf Blue or a Peach colour?

The 1914 French GP winning Mercedes #28 was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year (photo on previous page) and was a treat to see. The owner, ex-USA senator George Walburg, drove it up the hill but needed the assistance of a co-driver, in this case Peg. Her job was to be the fuel pump in the run up the hill, and given the thirst of the 4.5 litre engine, this is no easy task.

You can see how much effort it took by how hard George had to pump - 30 seconds into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VmJOLLdrQ

The pair if them are seen in the still at the beginning of the video discussing another role, that of oiling the camshafts by way of a foot operated pump.

She was also required to lean into corners during the run to keep the thing upright. She was remarkably calm about it all, probably due in no small measure to the fact that she’d climbed the hill as mechanic around 7 times before in various cars, the earliest being a 1903 one, although she forgot the make.

Go Peg! I doubt she'll read this thread of course, but thanks for taking the time to chat.

The car ran with two stable-mates along the route of the race earlier on this year. It was in a couple of magazines, but without Peg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom