Goodwood Trackday 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
Hi Guys,
Having had very little response to the Goodwood trackday I am trying to arrange for this coming year, (only one this year) thats currently within the 'sticky' trackday section, seems its lost in the ream of pages there, I thought I'd open a new thread on this event, so as to alert everyone to the day.
Goodwood had only 2 no. Saturday dates left within its whole 2012 calendar, 1 no. September and 1 no. in May, the few guys that are intrested have plumped for the May date, Saturday 19th. We really need more intrest shortly, as we have to raise £1500 deposit to secure the date, the longer we take raising this money, the more likely the dates will be sold to others. The balance of the monies due to Goodwood, approx £6,500. is due 4 weeks before the event date. The cost will be around £320 and the day run as last years events, 25 cars max, with 5 cars only on circuit at anytime, so lots of space and track time.
As said its the only one I will personally be arranging on the forums behalf this year, not the two as last year, it is a great day out.
Any one with interest for the day, please add your name to our current list.

Saturday 19th May 2012 Goodwood trackday intrested parties.

1. C240 Sport 97
2. ricky s
3. Lagerlout
4. Wagon
5. Simon_M
6. Nick K
7. Craig VMAX
8. Palmball (poss)
9. Mika.

come on folks, sign up.

Goodwood is an excellent circuit, and with only 5 cars at a time .. lots of room.

And you get lots of track time too.

its a great day out guys .sign up if you can

Ricky, im afraid i cant do the date this time, but keep us informed if this does change

Another big thanks to Maff for his ongoing surport of the forums events, both the Vmax and the Goodwood trackday

1. C240 Sport 97
2. ricky s
3. Lagerlout
4. Wagon
5. Simon_M
6. Nick K
7. Craig VMAX
8. Palmball (poss)
9. Mika.
10. Maff
11.Maff

1. C240 Sport 97
2. ricky s
3. Lagerlout
4. Wagon
5. Simon_M
6. Nick K
7. Craig VMAX
8. Palmball (poss)
9. Mika.
10. Maff
11.Maff
12. Alx (poss)

Thanks Alx.

Hi Ricky. I'm not able to join you this time around, sorry. But just wanted to say to those who have never been on a track day before but thought about going, I can highly recommend this event. The venue, the experience, the people all add up to a very enjoyable day out.

1. C240 Sport 97
2. ricky s
3. Lagerlout
4. Simon_M
5. Nick K
6. Craig VMAX
7. Palmball (poss)
8. Mika.
9. Maff
10.Maff

Can anyone get hold of some of last years attendees who cannot use PMs yet, Like 'Mister T' or 'Speedfr38ky' and a few others?

That may help to boost the numbers up, or even post it on Pistonheads?

Maff - can you not bring more cars? :p

Simon

Thanks to Simon M for the PM reminder. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it in 2012, due to a lack of a track car and also the date being my wife's birthday. Hey - unless I send her someone for some pampering... and take her Hyundai i10 onto the track at Goodwood :D

I'll echo Will's thoughts though, about what a great event this is and recommend it and the circuit to anyone.

Thanks for the PM Simon. Can't make this as I do not have a car that's worth taking to Goodwood.

Have fun all.

Just to advise. that I have spoken with Goodwoods booking office yesterday, the date of Saturday 19th May 2012 is still available to us, and they are holding the date for us until the new year, their closed anyway, so nothing was going to happen, but we do need a few more people to warrent paying the £1500 deposit which would secure the date.

Also to advise the noise limit allowed at Goodwood is 105DB and not the 98DB I initially stated, my mistake apoligies all round. Prehaps some one could contact Wagon, as unable to PM him, just to see if he should be re intrested, now that I have laid out the correct info.
The cost of the day will be around the £330, its aprox £8K to hire the circuit, (gone up £250 from our days last year), with 25 cars max, and 5 cars on circuit at any time.

Have a good Christmas everyone, and Happy new year to you all.

Ricky

1. C240 Sport 97
2. ricky s
3. Lagerlout
4. Simon_M
5. Nick K
6. Craig VMAX
7. Palmball (poss)
8. Mika.
9. Maff
10.Maff
11. Lucky P and Louise
12. CSR (poss)

Latest update on the Goodwood trackday parties

I had a discussion with Goodwood this afternoon, moreso to clarify that the date of May 19th was still available, which it currently is. We require £1500 deposit to secure the date, we then need to raise and pay the remaining £6500ish 8 weeks before the 19th may, if we fail to raise the £6500 at that time we forfeit our deposit.
My question primarily to the guys listed below, is given the low intrest level in this trackday among the forum members, do you want to all club together and raise the £1500 deposit and then hope theres further interest in the following 2 months leading us to the cut off time of 19th on March,ish, we have a definite 11 no. possible 12, so require 13 more.
Give me your thoughts on it all, the remaining option, is to let it run, and hope we get a little more interest, and that Goodwood do not sell the day to another party in the meantime.

1. C240 Sport 97
2. ricky s
3. Lagerlout
4. Simon_M
5. Nick K
6. Craig VMAX
7. Palmball (poss)
8. Mika.
9. Maff
10.Maff
11. Lucky P and Louise
12. CSR

I would be up for that Ricky to hold the date, on the proviso all 12 agree so the cost is £125 each. We could then open it up on pistonheads etc. there were a few attendees last year who don't have enough posts to PM, like Mr T.

Simon

Would love to go again this year (was there in april last year...), count me in.

cheers ricky for organising this one again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom