Goodwood Trackday 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
I have been speaking to Goodwood for this year's track day and things are already getting pretty well booked up.

For those of you that don't know the circuit, it is a nice, fast, open circuit limited to 5 cars on track in a session and a 105db noise limit.

https://ticketing.goodwood.com/Portals/0/circuit-map.jpg

Last year we all booked individually with Goodwood to save anyone (Ricky) the stress of organising it directly.

If we block book the circuit we can secure it in advance, if we wait until Goodwood put it on the site for public viewing there is a chance it will be snapped up. They only run their own track days when they cannot sell the exclusive use of the circuit for that particular day.

The options as I see it are:

• Saturday 30th March - Goodwood themselves are running a day, we all book on that. (Although it is Easter w/e and a bit early in the year).
  • Saturday 13th April - We can wait and hope it becomes available to book individually as a manufacturer has an unconfirmed booking.
  • Thursday 9th May - We can book exclusive use of that day or wait and hope it becomes available to book individually.
  • Saturday June 1st - We can book exclusive use of that day or wait and hope it becomes available to book individually.
On Goodwood run days, the price is £320 including tea & coffee.
On exclusive use days the circuit cost is £322 without tea & coffee :confused:
(£6500 +VAT hire plus £250 public liability insurance)

So the questions are

Which day?
  1. Sat 30th March
  2. Sat 13th April
  3. Thur 9th May
  4. Sat 1st June
What method?
  1. Wait and hope the date becomes live via the website
  2. Book and commit to exclusive use now (we need 25 cars)
Now to throw a curveball into the mix, Goodwood did say that we could reserve say 10 or 15 places for the June 1st but this would only be if they later decided to make it their own track day open to the public. If someone wanted to book it for exclusive use we would lose out - so it is a kind of reserve list.

If we can get 25 people commited then I will organise it, but I will not be as generous as Ricky has been in the past and expose myself to financial loss. If you were to book direct with Goodwood for an individual place, you would pay fully up front. Booking exclusive use does only require a deposit but gets messy when people then change their minds. I would propose paying fully on booking and either pass all money to Goodwood or I can hold it until the full payment is needed (personally I would prefer to pass it all to Goodwood).

So please get your votes/comments in.

Thanks,

Simon

Last edited:
I can't do 30 March, 13 April or 9 May, but OK for 1 June

I'm up for it as usual. Prob April + is best for me.

I know - dread to think how much a decent meal like the MB Brighton one last year would cost!!!

I'm up for it as usual. Prob April + is best for me.

Yes and armed potentially with the revised back on his wheels 'spike' :bannana:c/w even more power! he did,nt tell you that did he, us AMG boys won't have a chance!:wallbash:

I can do any of those days, happy to pay up front or what ever way is best and easyist for the general group.
My only reservation, is the likely hood of getting 25 no. together to have our own day there, which would be much the prefered thing for me personally. I think a lot of the interested parties are a little burnt out from the previous events we've had, so getting those numbers of guys together could be hard work and take time, which if trying to secure a date, given the limited days available that Simon has posted up, time is what we have not got, and getting 25 guys to pay up quickly, not going to happen.
More realisticaly a group booking of smaller numbers, or as last time individually book, but as said, I will happily going along with the majority.
Many thanks to Simon for posting this up.

PS; Maff might hopefully come along again.

Simon,

I am in as long as I am not travelling.

May + is best for me. I also have two other people interested.

Like Ricky I will go with the flow but we shouldn't put anybody in a position of financial risk! So all upfront or book your own.

I would suggest we try and get 25 + interested over the next few weeks and the take it from there.

Thanks for kicking this off.

Justin

Hi Simon thanks for researching this
I could do April 13 th and May 9th ( best for me)and probably June 1st
I think we are likely to have a relatively small group say 5-10 so think we may have to book as individuals
Doubt we have enough interest for an exclusive use
That said I may have another interested entrant

Last edited:
I have me +3 interested as of now.

Not sure if this will go anywhere but I can muster up 4 people for June the 1st.

excellent, just need another 16!!! LOL

I think reaslistically we are going to have to do one of their run days so wait for them to appear on the website.

S

Spoke to CSR (Colin) the other day Simon, he has a new toy to bring out to play, have Emailed him this morning, he may well be up for a day out again, to add to the numbers.

Spoke to CSR (Colin) the other day Simon, he has a new toy to bring out to play, have Emailed him this morning, he may well be up for a day out again, to add to the numbers.

CSR got back to me, early part of the year is not good with him, but June might be OK, subject to actual date.

Also would it be worth looking further ahead at August /September
surely they wont be booked up yet?
plus some may have a new car by then;)

plus some may have a new car by then
wink.gif

Jet you renegade, Alpina B3, your name shall also goz in ze book, and when wez benzzz winz ze trackdaz you will be held to accountz, and forced to srubz the vaxx off Rashman car, with your baze fingerz!.

Last edited:
mika said:
Also would it be worth looking further ahead at August /September
surely they wont be booked up yet?
plus some may have a new car by then;)

What are you going for?

What are you going for?

Justin,
just to say, getting onto a Goodwood open day, is and will be very hit and miss. it will be a very short notice thing, we either go at that very moment or we don't go, so it will be rather dependant on where and what people who are interested are doing at that exact time. On the 'open days' all the usual Goodwood hardcore trackday people will be looking in, the spaces just go, finanicial recession, forget that at Goodwood, it is seperated from the real world, only got to look at the remaining dates for 2013 thar Simon posted up, virtually fully booked for 2013 in an enquiry January date. I have been shocked in previous times to the minamal amount of dates available to us on initial enquiries in November and January slots previously.
This said I would favour myself, just my opinion, of block booking as we are able the June date, as Simon pointed out, and risk it being taken over by others more important than ourselves, but it would be a date, plus others might come on board in the meantime, albeit spaces may be limited to the oppoutunties that are available to us as a group. If it was a group of 4 or 5 we can go anytime we all please, 10-15 will be a struggle, and getting a whole 25 of us together, I personally do not think this will happen on this occassion. I look forward to anything that is raised from this thread, going out and doing things within this forums organised events are what its all about, no good daddling around the streets with your 32,55, 63 AMGs, posing, these cars where made for performance events, but as said this is just my own opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom