Goodwood.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
My son whent to Goodwood yesterday for a track day with a friend who has an Audi R8 V10 Plus.
He had the offer of going on track in a Toyota Yaris GR..A new car with a 1.6 litre engine that puts out 270 BHP, and has 4 wheel drive.
Was faster on track than all the cars there apart from a McLaren. Slightly slower on the straights than some but the 4 wheel drive and the skill of the driver made it so quick through the corners.

GR Yaris is a total weapon, there is a thread on here where people laughed at me for suggesting its a supercar slayer (around a track).

Its corning speed/grip is incredible, Will be a classic.

GR Yaris is a total weapon, there is a thread on here where people laughed at me for suggesting its a supercar slayer (around a track).

Its corning speed/grip is incredible, Will be a classic.
Yes indeed. Not bad at all for a three cylinder 1.6. My son agrees with you.

My son whent to Goodwood yesterday for a track day with a friend who has an Audi R8 V10 Plus.
He had the offer of going on track in a Toyota Yaris GR..A new car with a 1.6 litre engine that puts out 270 BHP, and has 4 wheel drive.
Was faster on track than all the cars there apart from a McLaren. Slightly slower on the straights than some but the 4 wheel drive and the skill of the driver made it so quick through the corners.
... and of course in the Yaris you won't look like a rich prat showing off in your £100K 150mph car as you sit in the same traffic jam as everybody else.

There was a relevant bit in there - “the skill of the driver”. This component should not be underrated on track days. The Yaris GR is a modern day integrale but put the same skilled driver in the R8 and the Yaris wouldn’t have got close round Goodwood

i have video of my son (won support races on BTCC package) in my 118bhp S1 Elise totally embarrass a 911 GT3 4.0 at the Silverstone GP circuit despite probably 40mph speed differential going into Maggots and Stowe

... and of course in the Yaris you won't look like a rich prat showing off in your £100K 150mph car as you sit in the same traffic jam as everybody else.
'Rich prat' - Nothing like a good old fashion blanket generalisation.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom