Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just replaced the Pirellis on the SL with these. Looked at getting Asymmetric 5s, but Blackcircles didn't have them for both sizes, and they're 3dB noisier(!). I've previously had Asymmetric 3s on the CLS and the SLK, and I love them. Much better wet grip than the P-Zeros and much quieter too.

Roger,

Just happened to see the 5th Gear video clip linked in the other thread.

I think the inner tyre wear will almost certainly be the camber on the front:

A075E691-716D-46E1-A090-AECA8B37CCEF.png

If you’re able to adjust it, probably worth doing to save the new tyres :)

Best wishes,

Will

Roger,

Just happened to see the 5th Gear video clip linked in the other thread.

I think the inner tyre wear will almost certainly be the camber on the front:

View attachment 86762

If you’re able to adjust it, probably worth doing to save the new tyres :)

Best wishes,

Will

Cheers Will. I have the alignment on my next to do list very shortly. I agree, with the lowering links, the camber is altered too much. Going to raise it a little anyway as the new GY tyres just touch the bodywork on full lock. The Falkens didn't.

I've had F1 Assym's on the S204 for quite a while now, but had inner wall splitting problems rear and front after about 20k miles. Rear OS let go big style in North Norfolk (300 miles from home) some months ago, was able to replace with identical (possibly Assym 3's rather than 2's) but at a cost (about £140 per wheel). Front NS let go a couple of months ago after again just over 20k miles, small slit so not as drastic as the rear, but still not repairable so 2 new tyres needed - this time I went for Michelin Cross Climates which were about £20 more than Eagles (and came with a free dashcam which I'm giving to my SIL), but although slightly noisier than the Eagles will remove any thoughts of changing wheels for winter, so will get the same on the rears when they wear out and sell my set of winter wheels - which i've not used for 3 years.

My advice - check the inside tyre wall not just the outside easily visible part, especially once you're past 15k miles on the tyres, I don't want to think about the result of my rear OS letting go at 70+mph on a motorway compared to 35mph on a country road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom