Goodyear tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gizmo750

Car
Audi TT
After reading a lot of posts on here and elsewhere I have just replaced all four tyres on my CLK320.

I haven't bought car tyres for years and years as I have been running company cars for the last 8 years and you just drive into Kwik Fit (yukkkkk!) and they throw on whatever rubbish the leasing company state they should - usually something cheap!

Only tyres I have bought myself are for my Ducati and they are not going to fit the AMG 17" rims very well . . . . . . . . . .

So, I have opted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD03 all round. Fronts are 225/45/17 and rears 245/40/17 and Micheldever Tyres were by far and away the cheapest - drive in and out service for £450 all in! ! ! ! ! ! :D

They have to be better than the Falken things that I had on there (not my choice I assure you).

Immediate reaction is that the car is much more stable and there is less tramlining down the motorway. Steering seems a little tighter and more positive and grip levels feel good.

Anyone else recommend Eagle F1's or should I have got something else? :crazy:

Good choice - You can't really go wrong with F1s.

I have Toyo Proxes T1-S, which have a similar tread pattern, and are a little cheaper - have been extremely pleased with them so far.

rcorner640.jpg

I also got good quotes from Micheldever, but it was a bit too far to go ... so I ordered tyres from www.mytyres.net which were delivered from Germany in super-quick time, for super-cheap price, with super-great service, and had them fitted locally.

S.

I have had F1's (GSD2's - the old style) for the last 20,000 miles and they stick to the tarmac like sh!t to a blanket, especially in the wet. I'd say you've chosen well - they normally come in the top 2 or 3 whenever EVO do a tyre test.

I've been using Good Year F1 for a while now - must have bought around 10 tyres by now. I find them excellent. Although some magazines report Bridgestone SO-2 to be better in the dry, the F1's are better in the wet, when you are more likely to reach the limit of adhesion, aquaplane etc. Typical price is just under £100 for 205/55 ZR16.

Nice choice. Snap.

f1s.jpg

Ive got Goodyear NCT 5's . They are a lot better than the P6000 i had before. :)

YAY for goodyear :bannana: :bannana:

I noticed that the Goodyear Eagles came out last (by a long way) in the rolling resistance part of the recent Autosport test, so I'd guess your mpg is going to go down. They were judged good in the wet but in most of the dry tests they also came last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom