google earth image capture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
How do i do this? also how do i then put some markings on the picture?

ohh. that worked!!!

now i have it on the hard drive how do i mark the actual image - do i need some software to draw on it???

thanks for trying to help. re-reading its clear I have not inculded enough info. I want to take the GE image, save it (which I have done with your help) and then put stuff over that saved image to send via email to someone else. I don't want it saved on GE for everyone to look at.

at the mo i have the image on my harddrive and its this I want to write/draw on and then re-save and send on.

Hope that explains better than i did in the first instance :eek:

thats what i have done! saved image as a Jpeg. then opened it in paint which has allowed me to do some crude markings...but its good enough for my purposes.

many thanks for the help; much appreciated.

thats what i have done! saved image as a Jpeg. then opened it in paint which has allowed me to do some crude markings...but its good enough for my purposes.

many thanks for the help; much appreciated.

Have a look at a piece of software called GIMP.
It can be downloaded for free and will allow you to do pretty much anything that photoshop allows including adding text etc...

Talking about Google earth, I just learned something everyone probably knew already.

If you are looking for say a hotel in a particular area zoom in close to the area and put hotel in the search box. All hotels are shown in that area and get updated as you scroll the map round. I bet I'm the only one who didn't know that.:doh:

Have a look at a piece of software called GIMP.
It can be downloaded for free and will allow you to do pretty much anything that photoshop allows including adding text etc...

cool. might look at that later. slightly suspect name for a piece of software!

Graphical Image Manipulation Program.

LOADS of features, but can be a bit hard to use.

Talking about Google earth, I just learned something everyone probably knew already.

If you are looking for say a hotel in a particular area zoom in close to the area and put hotel in the search box. All hotels are shown in that area and get updated as you scroll the map round. I bet I'm the only one who didn't know that.:doh:

Nope - I never knew that either...lol

Very handy feature that I use on a mobile device like a Blackberry with GPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom