Google hijacked Lenovo computer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 131833
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 131833

i use a surplus to requirements Lenovo tablet to monitor the house security camera, when out in the back garden sipping pimms I can check who is at door and ignore cold callers.

I got fed up of updates and having to clear them so thought I would just accept updates to clear them.

So now I am locked out of this tablet because I do not know the password for the google account attached to the dam thing.

Factory reset does not work, it immediately wants to access the Internet presumably to download software to operate.

Before I use it to wedge the wheels on CL when I work on it can anybody suggest a way around google?

If you dont know your gmail address click forgot email, if you don't know your password click forgot password.
The will send details to the email address you gave when you first opened the gmail account.

Dec

Thanks Dec but my wife closed her google account on the Apple iPad she now uses so we cannot access the google account.

How can a company take over my property.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Log in using another Google Mail account. If you don't have one then create a new Google Mail account and log in with that. Doesn't matter if you don't actually send or receive emails, just use it go log in.

What operating system is the tablet using, Android or Apple?
How far can you get when you start the tablet?

What I said in post Post #2 will work if the tablet is using Google Chrome web browser.

Dec

guess a factory reset is going to be your only option

Simply goto Google on a PC (or Mac) top right of page there is an option to log in, or forgot password. Reset password via the backup account used when creating account.

If in doubt - hit a clout ;)

Let me introduce to you "Timmy"..Works everytime, installs smiles everytime :D:D:D:D

TM565.jpg

Thanks for all replies, sorry forgot to keep checking

It is android

Wife has deleted google account on the Apple she is now using, so I guess the google account no longer exists.

When I restore factory setting it will not let me past logging onto internet, no option given to ignore the internet and use it without google

That's normal for Android or apple devices, just create a new account.

When I restore factory setting it will not let me past logging onto internet, no option given to ignore the internet and use it without google

Try this.
Power the tablet off
Press the home key and Volume up at the same time, you may also need to do it with power+home+Vup(some are Vdown) then you should have some options to factory reset from there.

Try this. power the device off take up the stance of a 1980's Soviet discuss thrower, male or female, doesn't matter they were all the same. Then hurl the fukcing thing as far as it will go.

Make another jug of Pimms and chill out . :banana:

I doubt the Google account has really been deleted. Removing it from an Apple device won't convince Google to close the account and delete your data.

As above, I'd just click on the "forgot my password" option; you may find they send a link to reset it to your phone by text instead.

More pimms sounds right, thanks for this very useful advice, no I am not being sarcastic, totally pi$$ed of with the dam thing

Much appreciated everybody! Will try other suggestions tomorrow when sober

Well tried everything suggested, including new account but it will still not load up.

Wish I had been told by curry’s that it was google that provide operating system I would not have bought it.

Now consigned to the dustbin

Wish I had been told by curry’s that it was google that provide operating system I would not have bought it.

Looks like it’s an iPad for you then as nearly every other tablet runs on Android. :)

Just get someone who isn't a complete technophobe to sort it out.

No offence, but you're the problem, not the tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom