Google Maps - Destination Sharing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zeplin000

Car
2016 C63 estate
Hi all. I got a notification from the Mercedes Me app saying that I could now share destinations from Google Maps with the Mercedes Me.

I find using Google maps to plan a route much more intuitive than sitting in the car and planning via Comand, so Id love to be able to plan a route on my Iphone using the Google maps app, and then send it to my Car's navigation.

I have managed to get this working with Google Maps on the Mac via Safari. I select "Share directions", and then the destination is ready for me in the Mercedes Apps section of Comand when I get in the Car.

Has anyone got this feature working using the Google Maps app on an iPhone? I have tried the usual "Share Directions" icon, which lets me share with many other iPhone apps, but not Mercedes Me. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

It's not currently available on the app. It says somewhere it's only a desktop function.

Alex

The feature always worked for me in the past (Samsung S10 5G) but now I get a "location not found" message when I try to share directions to my car from Google Maps. No explanation!

The feature always worked for me in the past (Samsung S10 5G) but now I get a "location not found" message when I try to share directions to my car from Google Maps. No explanation!
Maybe 3G switch off

That's odd. I thought that sharing destinations via Here We Go replaced Google Maps, a good few years back? I don't think that sending a destination from Google Maps directly to the car has been available since at least 2016.

That's odd. I thought that sharing destinations via Here We Go replaced Google Maps, a good few years back? I don't think that sending a destination from Google Maps directly to the car has been available since at least 2016.
I’ve used it until a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom