Google page rankings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Does anyone know the best way to help increase google ranking?

There's lots of rubish companies claiming to be able to help with this for large amounts of money but so far, none seem to have any legitimacy.

According to google, ranking is based upon the number of links to your site it finds on the web... seems a strange way of doing it IMO.

Anyone offer any insite?

Sp!ke said:
Does anyone know the best way to help increase google ranking?

There's lots of rubish companies claiming to be able to help with this for large amounts of money but so far, none seem to have any legitimacy.

According to google, ranking is based upon the number of links to your site it finds on the web... seems a strange way of doing it IMO.

Anyone offer any insite?

these guys charge my firm £35/month and we have listings on 27 search engines with 16 in the top 10. google does not always show up every month - thats just the way they work.

first found

make sure that you read the part of google's site that shows you how to use metadata to make your page search accurate. most simple methods of increasing your site's rank dont work with google.

hit me with it !!!

Some Web hosters use indexing to build a list of sites and the index then determines how to place the URL into its position..

Therefore, get someone to go to the same site from the same search engine and eventually you will become number 1....

steve_bcs said:
these guys charge my firm £35/month and we have listings on 27 search engines with 16 in the top 10. google does not always show up every month - thats just the way they work.

first found

Rang them but they apparently have other customers with similar businesses so cant help me due to a conflict of interest.

SmartBrabus said:
Might be cheaper to register lots of domains and choose some choice key-words to google-bomb to your main domain, eg "weapons of mass destruction", "miserable failure" etc. etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlebomb

Interesting..... very interesting! :devil:

First_Benz said:
Some Web hosters use indexing to build a list of sites and the index then determines how to place the URL into its position..

Therefore, get someone to go to the same site from the same search engine and eventually you will become number 1....

Not sure I am with you on this, can you explain in more detail what you mean. If you mean that you can improve your ranking on Google by linking to the page through Google and it will increase my ranking then I think you will find you are mistaken. AFAIK, Google ranks its sites in a far more complicated fashion.

Last edited:
Better results --- maybe!!!

Appologise... what I meant was that you need to add your site to Googles index server...
Then, you need to get some servers to perform a search for the same site using Google... .. maybe this will help:

We add and update new sites to our index each time we crawl the web, and we invite you to submit your URL here. We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

Please enter your full URL, including the http:// prefix. For example: http://www.google.com/. You may also add comments or keywords that describe the content of your page. These are used only for our information and do not affect how your page is indexed or used by Google.

Please note: Only the top-level page from a host is necessary; you do not need to submit each individual page. Our crawler, Googlebot, will be able to find the rest. Google updates its index on a regular basis, so updated or outdated link submissions are not necessary. Dead links will 'fade out' of our index on our next crawl when we update our entire index.

Hope that helps... there are other ways to achieve a result but this by far the easiest...
Good luck.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom