Gordon and the donkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rose Chap

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus GS450h
A young man named Gordon bought a donkey from an old farmer for £100.00 The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day, but when the farmer drove up he said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the donkey is on my truck, but unfortunately he's dead."
Gordon replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."
The farmer said, "I can't do that, because I've spent it already."
Gordon said, "OK then, well just unload the donkey anyway."
The farmer asked, "What are you going to do with him?"
Gordon answered, "I'm going to raffle him off."
To which the farmer exclaimed, "Surely you can't raffle off a dead donkey!"
But Gordon, with a wicked smile on his face said, "Of course I can, you watch me. I just won't bother to tell anybody that he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Gordon and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"
Gordon said, "I raffled him off, sold 500 tickets at two pounds a piece, and made a huge, fat profit!!"

Totally amazed, the farmer asked, "Didn't anyone complain that you had stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?"

To which Gordon replied, "The only guy who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his £2 raffle ticket money back plus an extra £200, which as you know is double the going rate for a donkey, so he thought I was a great guy!!"

Gordon grew up and eventually became the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and no matter how many times he lied, or how much money he stole from the British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them, unfortunately, still thought he was a great guy.

The moral of this story is that, if you think Gordon is about to play fair and do something for the everyday people of the country for once in his miserable, lying life, think again my friend, because you'll be better off flogging a dead donkey!

very good!

Must admit - I tend to stay away from the political debates that go on on here - but I can't stand the man and the thought that he might be our next Prime Minister is almost enough to make me vote differently next time!

I find him arrogant - but I guess that goes with the territory - and I know there's media spin etc - but this assumption that he's going to walk into the job infuriates me. He is not the Deputy PM so why should he walk into it? Surely in a democracy if TB goes which is his prerogative, then there should be a formal election process within the party. The DPM is there to fill the PMs shoes on a temporary basis so if it's not apt for th DPM to walk into it then why should it be apt for any one else? This is a permanent change so should be elected imho - rant over - back to calm Pammy again :D

Pammy
This is just a joke, based on fictional characters.
Or is the joke on us?

Pammy
This is just a joke, based on fictional characters.
Or is the joke on us?

Really? Thought it was true :rolleyes: ;)

- but my views on Gordon still stand ;)

Surely if the PM stands down, then there should be a general election?? In reality people voted for Tony Blair and his policies. We dont really know what Browns policies will be, should we not be told and then given the opportunity to boot them out??

Surely if the PM stands down, then there should be a general election?? In reality people voted for Tony Blair and his policies. We dont really know what Browns policies will be, should we not be told and then given the opportunity to boot them out??

And that's the weakness because you don't vote for Tony Blair. You vote for the consitituency rep'n that you want based on the policies they and their party are advocating. The result then adds up to which party have the majority and so the leader then becomes PM. The reality is that people do of course vote for the person they want to lead the country. It has to have an influence.

:D :D And there's me clicking from the Feedback comments to this. :devil: :devil: :)

What a great joke that makes you think.

John

I am like you Pammy I can not stand the guy, he was caught on camera the other night going to a meeting as he walked round the corner with a scowl on his face then he saw the cameras and the big smile came on, I do not care how good he is at his job, he is persona non grata to me. The rumours coming out of westminster about him puting people that work with him down sums it up.

gary

same from me as well, I really doubt that I could ever vote for a party led by Gordon Brown - Just can't trust him

Andy

same from me as well, I really doubt that I could ever vote for a party led by Gordon Brown - Just can't trust him

Andy
Wow!!!! Shock, :D :D
Have you got your fingers crossed as you type this or is Maggie Thatcher standing in your constituency :) :)

I always knew that deep down you were blue blooded :)

John

Better than Yellow bellied...
:D If there's one thing you can say about true yellowbellies it's that they're an argumentative lot. The easiest way to prove this is to ask them where the name 'yellowbelly' came from.
yellowbelly_270.jpg

Andy!!! What are you doing looking at your belly :D :D I bet you can't remember me taking that picture :devil: :devil: Oh and get your hair cut.

Me?? Farmer, not fighter :) :)

Regards
John

Wow!!!! Shock, :D :D
Have you got your fingers crossed as you type this or is Maggie Thatcher standing in your constituency :) :)

I always knew that deep down you were blue blooded :)

John

no to all of those and although a party led by Gordon Brown is near the top of my list of people not to vote for, any party led by David (I'll do or say anything to get elected) Cameron would certainly be higher :)

Andy

no to all of those and although a party led by Gordon Brown is near the top of my list of people not to vote for, any party led by David (I'll do or say anything to get elected) Cameron would certainly be higher :)

Andy
:devil: :devil: :D :D I knew it was toooo good to be true

Andy
:devil: :devil: :D :D I knew it was toooo good to be true

Yellow bellies rule okay!

John the Lincolnshire Poacher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom