Gorgeous Jag!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ten elena

Car
1998 R129 SL500
Strictly speaking, not on eBay nor is it a Merc, but saw this beauty wandering the streets of Penge over the weekend and thought that someone on here might want to give it a good home.
P1030295_zps6f0faec3.jpg

P1030296_zps7167903e.jpg

P1030297_zps59a16bd3.jpg

P1030298_zps69332fac.jpg

P1030299_zpsce481e59.jpg

Very nice, I have always had a soft spot for the earlier jags, there's just something about them

Nice looking....maybe. It's a shame they could not have found a set of decent Dunlops/Goodyear or Michelins to throw on it.......to me it shows other details you cannot see might have been overlooked.

My mates got one, it's cost him a fortune over the past 15 years or so, beautiful cars though.

First question - what's the price-- might be wanting silly money
Second question- will it run on unleaded?
Third question--- its not a 2.4/240 is it?

Wow. How much are these worth?

First question - what's the price-- might be wanting silly money
Second question- will it run on unleaded?
Third question--- its not a 2.4/240 is it?

Just have the answer to third question as per neilrr - says 3.4 on the badge indeed :)

As to the rest, no idea, not affiliated with the owner in any way and I've not called him/her up to ask either as a second car is not really on the cards at the moment :(((

Nice looking....maybe. It's a shame they could not have found a set of decent Dunlops/Goodyear or Michelins to throw on it.......to me it shows other details you cannot see might have been overlooked.

My mates got one, it's cost him a fortune over the past 15 years or so, beautiful cars though.

Yes, I was surprised at the tyre choice as well, but at first glance it seemed to be well taken care of otherwise. Of course, only a proper inspection would tell if that's the case. :)

It's nice to see one with the correct spats - so many of them now have stupid small spats that are completely wrong for the car or have had rear wheel arches fabrictated that look even worse.

The manual-overdrive cars fetch the best money - especially models like this one that will have the all-synchromesh gearbox that was introduced in 1965.

They are surprisingly nice to drive - especially at motorway speeds.
Manual with overdrive is the way to go.

The only way.

Yummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom