Gorrias Automobiles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beezer60

Just thought I'd recommend Gorrias, a Mercedes main dealer in Isques, just outside Boulogne. I had an A service done there yesterday on my W203. The hourly rate is Euro56. Took them only 1.1 hours. They used Antar Excellia LDX 5W40 oil which I don't think is sold in the UK.

Had some other stuff done at the same time such as having Comand GPS enabled in the instrument cluster and the mechanics were happy to show me how it's done on Star Diagnosis. In and out in less than an hour and a half - plenty of time left for shopping etc before the ferry home.

After the indifference, hidden charges and crap service I've had from Mercedes Brentford where I bought the car I have to say that Gorrias were a pleasure to deal with. Very courteous and efficient to deal with. Stéphane speaks perfect English, as does Chrystelle;) , and, unlike most dealers in the UK, it's clear they value your business.

Definitely going back there for the next service:D

Interesting. This is the dealer that I broke down near to. They initially sent us on our way with a car that was "safe to drive" the rest of the 1000 miles to our destination in Poland, except that it was unable to go faster than 60kph (and that was after a road test). They were unable to hire us a car to complete our journey (theirs was the only insurance which could have covered it but they refused to do it for more than five days even if they were paid well over the market rate by the AA). They needed at least a week to get the parts for my car (although I found out later that they could have taken the part out from one of their own cars to put into mine, and a UK dealer would have been obligated by Mobilo to do this). It also took over six months to get my money back, and even then it didn't come from the dealer or MB France, but rather from MBUK.

Not sure I'd use them. But then, I guess, you were making them money, whereas I was costing them money.

-simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom