Got a chance of a C55, what do you chaps think....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that is total rubish lol i have 330 mm ap raceing discs on the front of my cosworth that is used as a fast road / track car its has no ridges wearing into the disc surface leading from the cooling hole lol
Question is are those ridged, or is it a surface pattern as a result of the x-drilling/hot gasses from the holes. Only way to be sure is to get the OP to run his finger over them.

Hmmmm

Just checked my other car which has three month old cross drilled grooved and vented discs all round. Same pattern as the op has and I have on my C55.

My front discs looked pretty similar to the OPs photo - and I was told they had loads of life left in them...certainly stopped well enough :dk:
im not saying there worn out! they may still be in tolerance but they are wear marks merc will have a set limit as to how deep them ridges can be! and if for instance they were close and you had say 2mm left on your pads then you would fit new discs as they may not last the life of a new set of pads!

Question is are those ridged, or is it a surface pattern as a result of the x-drilling/hot gasses from the holes. Only way to be sure is to get the OP to run his finger over them.
he has said they are as he has ran his finger over them!and its not a surface pattern new ones dont look like that!

The brake disks don't look right, here is an image of mine and they feel/look flat

Untitled-2.jpg

anyway let us know what you decide...

Guys,Just as a follow up to this...decided to stick with the TT. Felt it was a better all rounder and more fun.

Cheers for the input though.

The brake disks don't look right, here is an image of mine and they feel/look flat

Untitled-2.jpg

anyway let us know what you decide...
Yes they look flat - a "pattern" is visible, presumably related to the holes allowing the gasses to leave the surface of the pad and changing the pad/disk interface behind the hole. May not change the were characteristics significantly, but enough to show a pattern onf the surface.

Guys,Just as a follow up to this...decided to stick with the TT. Felt it was a better all rounder and more fun.

TT more fun than a 55...!!! thats hilarious :D

each to their own I guess

They will be coming for you in white coats.

Mic

PS just read to the end of the Thread......congratulations

Mic

Last edited:
Thought I would get a better bbite than just 1!

Of course I binned the TT, now the proud owner of a C55!;)

Excellent choice, you wont be disappointed. All you need to do when you get it is to go and find a standard 911 or suburu type thing and embarass him/her;)

read the post lol the brake discs wearing like that as that is what discs with vent holes wear like! that is what brake discs that are becoming worn out wear like vent holes or not lol

Take a deep breath Andy.

Now, what you see is a pattern...not ridges. The pattern is caused by the holes. The pattern will not effect the characteristics of the discs one iota.

Will you quit with all the loling. It's not funny.

Take a deep breath Andy.

Now, what you see is a pattern...not ridges. The pattern is caused by the holes. The pattern will not effect the characteristics of the discs one iota.

Will you quit with all the loling. It's not funny.
he says when he runs his fingers over the face they are un even! this is wear not caused by the holes iver as normal discs can wear like that too now i havent said they are worn out as there will be a set tolerance for how deep the ridges can be set by the makers of the discs! can some of you guys please wright to nor breams the people who make alot of discs for people like merc scania and daf as if they are wrong and wear like that is always going to be ok then ive changed a lot of discs at work for no reason going by there guide lines lol

Last edited:
Excellent choice, you wont be disappointed. All you need to do when you get it is to go and find a standard 911 or suburu type thing and embarass him/her;)
just dont try that on the twisty bits or if the 911 has a little badge that says turbo on the back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom