Got a genuine bargain on e-bay CL65 discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
Browsing through e-bay Friday I came across these, by all accounts the seller diamond autos bought them in for a customer who they refer to as tw*t and he didn't turn up.
They were asking for £850 so I bid £700 and in the end I got them for £750 the guy said for cash he would deliver them from North London Saturday evening. He turned up with them still in the Mercedes Benz box totally unused so I gave him £780 to cover his fuel. Still a bargain I think.

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

That’s cool. But MSL just did my front pads and discs for not much more than that with labour included.

CL65 brake rotors retail for $1000/each side. I had a pair that I got in an estate sale which I sold for $900 pair back in 2012, never expecting to own a CL65 which I bought last year :( .. This is why I hoard.

I think Peter on here was quoted £1700 from Mercedes for his Cl 65 front discs but it did include pads too.

Send Mb Newcastle a email for a price, i know they have Lowered prices by a huge margin for some older Amg models, be interesting to see how much you saved.

Send Mb Newcastle a email for a price, i know they have Lowered prices by a huge margin for some older Amg models, be interesting to see how much you saved.
Thanks I'll do that, by all accounts they are special order so unless a dealer has some in stock owners are stuffed. I've heard back from Tarox today who state they can make better lighter discs for less so we will see.

£1127 from Newcastle, given your seller was a trader they probably paid approx £850 they originally wanted, still a worthwhile saving for you.

£1127 from Newcastle, given your seller was a trader they probably paid approx £850 they originally wanted, still a worthwhile saving for you.
I'm guessing that is just the discs as the pads were not included. Does anyone know if the genuine MB pads are Pagid?

Thought traders get up to 40% off on supplies? Hope you're well Sir.

Thought traders get up to 40% off on supplies? Hope you're well Sir.
Maybe I am being unfair to MB but surely business is business and they have absolutely nothing to gain by selling discounted genuine parts to indie workshops?

Maybe I am being unfair to MB but surely business is business and they have absolutely nothing to gain by selling discounted genuine parts to indie workshops?

I think as a business they realise that they cannot have all of the customers to themselves. In this case selling to indies means at least making money on parts (than losing to pattern part suppliers).

I think Peter on here was quoted £1700 from Mercedes for his Cl 65 front discs but it did include pads too.
Yep - price for discs was £1353 and pads £239 both net of 10% discount. So you got a bargain there D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom