Got a letter the other day;

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TKB13

Car
W124 200E 16V Auto; Citroen C4 1.6 SX Hatch.
Scottish Records Office,
St Andrews House,
EDINBURGH

Dear Sir,

RELATIONSHIP – YOURSELF

I would like to bring to your attention the undernoted points, in your own interest, having studied our records held here.

When you married, it is noted that your wife already had a 16 years old daughter, whom you legally adopted as your own. Later your father, then a widower, married this girl thereby making your father your son-in-law and your daughter your mother, by marriage. Your wife then gave birth to your first son, who of course is also your uncle because he is your mother's brother. This also makes him, as a matter of course, your father's brother-in-law.

Your daughter (your father's wife therefore your mother) then had a son (your brother because he is also your father's son) and, because he is also your daughter's son, you are now his grandfather. From the foregoing relationship you will now be aware that your wife has become your grandmother.

To summarise, you, being of course your wife's husband but also her grandson, because you are the brother of her daughter's son and because your grandmother's husband has to be your grandfather, the main point is that you have now become your own grandfather. I would therefore remind you that any sexual relationship with your wife would be incestuous and can be punishable by a term of imprisonment.

This incidentally, will cancel all Inland Revenue Tax allowances which you currently enjoy, but this will be the subject of a separate communication by the appropriate department.

May I take this opportunity to wish you the best for the future, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any problems.

Yours faithfully,

A. ALLAN
p.p Registrar.

...........Pass the pills ........

. . . well I wouldn't take that lying down - are you sure they've got the right bloke ;)

I would have thought that's pretty run of the mill stuff in the Kingdom of Fife :p :bannana:

Says the man who's Grandfather was a Fifer. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom