Got a mileage award (actually 2!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Once upon a time Mercedes Benz sacked some dealers dealers and the dealers had to do something else. Some just sold up. One dealer sold his building to a different marque and when they explored the store room they found two mileage awards!!! (Yes, you've been told they dont exist as well!)

I've bought them both. :bannana:

100,000km = 62150 miles which my car has attained
250,000km = 155376 miles

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you walk around wearing it then, or stick it on the car?

I think you can stick where you like, but i'm intending to find somewhere in the car. Any (sensible) ideas?

put on a chain and hang off RVM ... much better than fluffy dice :D

R2D2 said:
I think you can stick where you like, but i'm intending to find somewhere in the car. Any (sensible) ideas?

On the back of the awards is stamped "835" which makes me think they are Gold plated sterling silver. I still haven't figured out where I can best display it at the moment.(?)

R2D2 said:
On the back of the awards is stamped "835" which makes me think they are Gold plated sterling silver. I still haven't figured out where I can best display it at the moment.(?)
On the grill of course. Sadly on a modern mercedes grill they'd look seriously ugly ;)

Has anyone on here done 155,376 in their Mercedes??

157,000 on mine so far - i thought you got a badge as well as the pin - and i was going to swap the bonnet badge (flat on the CL) with the 250k one...

R2D2 said:
No thats the problem the awards dont have a part number on and the part numbers contained in the link below dont exist anymore! I think I'm the only person to actually have got one (on this forum)
http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1743&page=2&pp=15&highlight=Mileage+awards

Not true about the parts numbers, they do exist because they were the ones supplied to us by Maastricht fairly recently.

What is true is that the UK dealers can't be bothered to sort these awards out because there is no profit for them.

I checked with my local friendly parts guy today and he is going to order one for me when I next go in (which will probably be on Thursday)

Apparently the prices remain the same as those posted previously.

There is no bonnet badge, just a pin badge and a diploma

As usual I won't be holding my breath :)

Andy

andy_k said:
bit more than that on ours - we are up to 220k :)

Andy

Just watched my clock glide past 210K tonight, still feels like new :D

Once upon a time Mercedes Benz sacked some dealers dealers and the dealers had to do something else. Some just sold up. One dealer sold his building to a different marque and when they explored the store room they found two mileage awards!!! I've bought them both. QUOTE]

Who was this different marque who found them in their storeroom?
eBay!!!

Last week on eBay 1
Last week on eBay 2

Fantastic 250K Km pin. Bought last week for £3.20
Lets start the auction this week at £15......Bargain

But then again... from the same seller that R2D2 got his from....starting at £2
This week on eBay 1
This week on eBay 2

Hmmm. I did buy them on ebay as many of us have been trying to track them down, when I emailed the seller he told me he had bought a garage and found them. in a store cupboard. His address on the package he sent was a Toyota garage.

SO IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE I BOUGHT THEM FROM A MAN WHO HAD BOUGHT A MB GARAGE AND IS NOW A TOYOTA DEALER. WITH REGARD TO PRICE THE PINS ARE GOLD PLATED SILVER AND WORTH EVERY BIT OF £15. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT When I ASKED IF HE HAD ANY MORE HE SAID NO OTHERWISE I'D HAVE BOUGHT THEM ALL.

Edited now in a better mood!!

Last edited:
I went through my rubbish bin (yuck!) and found the envelope my award Pins came in to get the garage address. I then went to paypal to get the blokes name who had sold them to me and then rang him. He admitted that he had found other awards since we first emailed and was I interested.

To cut a long story short he has ended his ebay auctions and sold me all the awards he had. I expect to receive a number of 100,000 and 250,000 awards in two days time.

So I will sell them to members at £5 each including postage costs provided your car has attained the mileage.

WITH REGARD TO PRICE THE PINS ARE GOLD PLATED SILVER AND WORTH EVERY BIT OF £15

which will be why they have a list price of €7.50 on the Mercedes parts list :)

£5.00 each sounds great though, it's a shame he didn't find any of the 500,000 km ones though :(

Andy

OK thinking this through a bit more. How about anyone wanting one for £5 inc posts a photo of their mileage as verification of having achieved it. Dont shoot me down its just an idea comments please!! :)

OK .CLOSING THIS THREAD AS THIS IS NOW AN ADVERT IN CLASSIFIEDS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom