Got a scratch or scuff? Forget the bodyshop...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are you going to buy it and tell us if it works?

Well if this scratch eliminator does make your car look 'as good as new'.... then it will definitely be a first. I have tried a few over the years, and none did. Sure, they reduce the visual impact of the paint damage, but 'as new'? Nope...

So why did you post it in the bodywork section if you haven’t tried it?
It doesn’t work, as reported by other youtubers, but with the advance of the chemistry and its products one will eventualy do what it says on the tin. ;)

Apparently sold under various names:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently sold under various names:

Saw this one too, but that one comes with disclaimer. It looks like it’s more like paint on paint remover. I have a similar scratch like this french guy with no result.

So why did you post it in the bodywork section if you haven’t tried it?

I was going to post it in off topic but as it was bodywork related, I posted it here.

It was a sarcastic post, I didn't think it was going to be taken seriously :D

The Russian way is cheaper:

Is he having on? Prepared to try a bit on my wife's HONDA Crv dog scratches on back door

Is he having on? Prepared to try a bit on my wife's HONDA Crv dog scratches on back door

The WD40 treatment does work (though I am not sure it will help with dog scratches).

What it does is dissolve and remove the other vehicle's (or object) paint deposits from your own car without damaging your car's original paintwork. You'd be surprised how much of the visual impact of the scratch is actually down to paint that came from the other car.

Then it fills-in the scratches on your own lacquer/paint and makes them more dull and less visible.

It's no substitute for professional sctrach repair, but for the cost of a can of WD40 and some elbow grease it is well worth it.

The WD40 treatment does work (though I am not sure it will help with dog scratches).

What it does is dissolve and remove the other vehicle's (or object) paint deposits from your own car without damaging your car's original paintwork. You'd be surprised how much of the visual impact of the scratch is actually down to paint that came from the other car.

Then it fills-in the scratches on your own lacquer/paint and makes them more dull and less visible.

It's no substitute for professional sctrach repair, but for the cost of a can of WD40 and some elbow grease it is well worth it.
Elbow grease you say?

If there's some effort involved i'm not interested. I want my scuffs to disappear with no more effort than a quick rub with a cloth.

Looks like the stuff I used to use on the kids shoes in mornings before school...:rolleyes:

Elbow grease you say?

If there's some effort involved i'm not interested. I want my scuffs to disappear with no more effort than a quick rub with a cloth.

I don't know how this can be achieved by a quick rub with a cloth, but there's a similar way that involves a tap on the head. Can you get yourself a Boldrick?

It worked pretty well on the dog scratches although they were pretty light/shallow

The WD40 obviously does not fix the scratches... it sort of fills them in making them less noticeable. The WD40 coat will eventually dry out or get washed away, and the scratches will reappear... but even a temporary respite for the cost of a few squirts of WD40 must be well worth it.

The WD40 obviously does not fix the scratches... it sort of fills them in making them less noticeable. The WD40 coat will eventually dry out or get washed away, and the scratches will reappear... but even a temporary respite for the cost of a few squirts of WD40 must be well worth it.
Sounds like that's what they used on my Mrs SLK when I bought it last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom