Got a visit from Plod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
....................or wether he returned to the station and logged it as a crime solved. I'd bet it was the latter.
No crime therefore the actions by the cop were not statistically driven :)

.... but they'll have been told all sort of cr4p before they knocked on your door.
She made a complaint - the police HAVE to investigate it.

In trying to deal with a 'legal matter' in genuinely trying to sort it out, that is not harassment.
If you still need to contact her regarding this then do so. Sod all plod can do.
Bad advice - there's plenty plod could do if you continue ringing her after being advised not to.

It does appear you've had a rough deal here with the other driver's actions at the time and afterwards. I've been to many similar bumps where both drivers are fine face-to-face but afterwards one (or both), having got 'advice' from friends/insurers etc, will do anything to muddy the waters and try to shirk any responsibility. Learn from your experience (I'm sure you have already) and it's good to highlight this on forums like this for other members to benefit from.

Learn from your experience (I'm sure you have already) and it's good to highlight this on forums like this for other members to benefit from.

What have we learnt? Get your complaint in first? It seems the advice here is just accept it - which is clearly wrong but the path of least resistence...and we wonder why this country is such a mess?

Jay-I can't believe the run you are having. Your poor old car will have had a total respray at this rate!

What have we learnt? Get your complaint in first? It seems the advice here is just accept it - which is clearly wrong but the path of least resistence...and we wonder why this country is such a mess?

that seems to be the playground mantality our legal system is based on, I have something going through the courts at the moment, she hit me, she reported it first so im in the dock, im so glad as I really have nothing better to do,

Very sorry to hear this Jay and so unfortunate - without a whitness you're on a hiding to nothing.

There is no proof of driving off at the scene of an accident, no proof of harassment and no proof of who hit who.

Although it may seem futile, i would still report her for driving off at the scene - im assuming this would HAVE to be investigated just like the supposed harassment - if nothing else, it shows you won't just roll over and take a kicking!

followed her and phoned the police as you did. ..........

And the same PC Plod would have nicked you for using a mobile while driving.

No - sorry - but you have to up a few ranks from wet-behind-the-ears PCs to have a chance of getting someone with a bit of common sense.

Welcome to New Britain. :devil:

No crime therefore the actions by the cop were not statistically driven :)

She made a complaint - the police HAVE to investigate it.

Bad advice - there's plenty plod could do if you continue ringing her after being advised not to.

It does appear you've had a rough deal here with the other driver's actions at the time and afterwards. I've been to many similar bumps where both drivers are fine face-to-face but afterwards one (or both), having got 'advice' from friends/insurers etc, will do anything to muddy the waters and try to shirk any responsibility. Learn from your experience (I'm sure you have already) and it's good to highlight this on forums like this for other members to benefit from.

1 Prohibition of harassment
(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct—
(a) which amounts to harassment of another, and
(b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.
(2) For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—
(a) that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,
(b) that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or
(c) that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.
2 Offence of harassment

(1) A person who pursues a course of conduct in breach of section 1 is guilty of an offence.
(2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or both.
(3) In section 24(2) of the [1984 c. 60.] Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (arrestable offences), after paragraph (m) there is inserted—
“(n) an offence under section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (harassment).”.

Section 1 (3) part b&c suggests that in this case the course of conduct was not unreasonable.
If the only way of sorting the RTC out was by contacting the female then that is not unreasonable but quite normal as long as the other party does not go beyond what is necessary to get the required information like insurance details etc.
If it was left to the female to deal with and she made no progress but just cast the matter aside then I would say contacting her is essential.
Of course the other way would be to not contact her and make a claim through your own insurance but perhaps the member was trying to avoid paying excess or making a claim on their own policy.

...........and no I have not swallowed a Blackstones!:rolleyes:

No - sorry - but you have to up a few ranks from wet-behind-the-ears PCs to have a chance of getting someone with a bit of common sense.

Thanks for that well considered and enlightening comment. :rolleyes:

Do you have to reply to neary every Police thread and take it almost like a personal attack? Yes we all know your a Copper (hard to avoid when even your Username is your profession :rolleyes: )

Get over it, people dislike/hate/love/admire the Police, and reply with their own perspective wether it maybe right or wrong. Doesnt mean you have to take it to heart.

Last edited:

Am I to surmise from your sarcasm that there's no common sense from the higher ranking officers either? :D

Do you have to reply to neary every Police thread and take it almost like a personal attack? Yes we all know your a Copper (hard to avoid when even your Username is your profession :rolleyes: )

Get over it, people dislike/hate/love/admire the Police, and reply with their own perspective wether it maybe right or wrong. Doesnt mean you have to take it to heart.

I have to say, the original comment about common sense up the ranks is nonsense. Everyone knows that, above Inspector level (And sometimes there too...) everyone is barking. :D

Detective Constable- Best rank in the organisation. Rapes and murderers. Catching. :p

another case solved and up go the stats of completed cases

if it were any harder than that you would not have herd from them at all

if they can solve it in under 5 mins then its a done deal

if not then they are back to hiding in bushes catching people doing 30.1 in a 30 zone

im suprised he did not bill you for his time & petrol costs

Good morning Killer,
I'm afraid I'm with Plodd over this issue and feel he is right to defend his corner.

If someone states that all E-class owners are half wits then do we lambaste any owners that try to disagree with that statement?

There are bad apples in every barrel of delicious, mouth watering golden delicious, so are all the apples rotten? ;)

If we continually belittle our police members then eventually they will all leave this excellent forum and that to me is wrong.

Have a nice one

regards
John the olde grump who can't sleep :eek: :eek:

Police banned from wearing Hollywood-style sunglasses because they 'intimidate public

A rulebook states that shades hide the eyes and can intimidate people on the street.

But, unless medically prescribed, they must otherwise 'be removed when contact is made with members of public'.

Watch out for more stoppage to jack up their quota..:eek:

This is another example of the no-nonsense attitude expected of Essex Police officers by their chief constable, Roger Baker.
On his first day in the job, he demanded his officers make 600 extra arrests within a week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ywood-style-sunglasses-intimidate-public.html

A rulebook states that shades hide the eyes and can intimidate people on the street.

But, unless medically prescribed, they must otherwise 'be removed when contact is made with members of public'.

:confused:
No, the copper wasn't wearing shades.:rolleyes:

:D

Good morning Killer,
I'm afraid I'm with Plodd over this issue and feel he is right to defend his corner.

And I am fully in agreement with John's view on this. Why would Plodd not be allowed to reply? It's not just that it was a sweeping and rather silly statement, in the end he's entitled to his opinion just like anyone else.

I also like to point out that in all the copper bashing threads over say the last 12 months, the police members on the forum have mostly refrained from much reaction even if there was extremely unfair treatment in them at various times.

Last edited:
Not perfect, but still the best Police Force in the world. Unless someone can name a country with a better one.

And I am fully in agreement with John's view on this. Why would Plodd not be allowed to reply? It's not just that it was a sweeping and rather silly statement, in the end he's entitled to his opinion just like anyone else.

I agree - He is an individual and has the same rights as anyone else on this forum

I also like to point out that in all the copper bashing threads over say the last 12 months, the police members on the forum have mostly refrained from much reaction even if there was extremely unfair treatment in them at various times.

I couldn't agree more

I think our Police members show incredible restaint given that it is so easy to abuse people on the net in retalliation. Maybe the restraint we see from them on here is just a reflection of their attitude in daily life and the few internet insults are hardly worth getting heated about when they see so much worse on a daily basis.

Thank you MBClub coppers - have a nana :bannana:

I'll add my 2p worth too and say I find this forum generally pretty anti-police (or maybe its just the minority voices you hear again and again). Mind you that seems to extend to any authority figures - government figures seem to get it pretty bad here.

Too many people not prepared to see the other person's side :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom