Got BOSE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
When I had to swap my left rear speaker cover for the one from my previous car, I wanted to keep the Bose badge (factory upgraded Bose install in my car). I found out these little rascals are available separately and are dead easy to fit. Not cheap mind!

Here is my old speaker cover:

gotbose1.jpg

Here is how the badge is fitted, each badge has two pins which push through the holes in the speaker grating and fold around to secure:

gotbose2.jpg

Here are the little chappies, part number A210 817 08 20, cost about £1.93 each I think. Individually wrapped for freshness!

gotbose3.jpg

Last edited:
Think the story would end there? Don't be silly!

Might as well fit one to every speaker cover, seeing as MB were too lazy to do so themselves!

gotbose5.jpg

Left shelf speaker

gotbose6.jpg

Right shelf speaker

gotbose7.jpg

Driver's door

gotbose8.jpg

Right rear passenger door

gotbose9.jpg

Left rear passenger door

gotbose10.jpg

Left front passenger door

gotbose11.jpg

Originally posted by n3thn
no pics :eek:
you sure, well, they're hosted on my Demon webspace (like all the other pics I post!) I wonder what the problem is...

can see them now, very trick and looks the biz, does the Bose sound make a huge difference, I used to be really into car hi fi a few years ago, but the sound in my 240 is very wooly it lacks bass, do you think it would be worth while swaping the 6 inch subs for the Bose ones, i have a competition Alpine head unit in the car which i s a bit of a waste with no amps or decent speakers.
I even thought about putting a decent system in my Turbo 2 as you cant here yourself think in the bloddy thing :p

So what do the rear BOSE speakers look like?

The fronts you had pics of looked totally different.

Are the rears still mounted facing the boot?

can see them now, very trick and looks the biz, does the Bose sound make a huge difference, I used to be really into car hi fi a few years ago, but the sound in my 240 is very wooly it lacks bass, do you think it would be worth while swaping the 6 inch subs for the Bose ones, i have a competition Alpine head unit in the car which i s a bit of a waste with no amps or decent speakers.
I even thought about putting a decent system in my Turbo 2 as you cant here yourself think in the bloddy thing :p
Don't bother swapping to Bose, aftermarket will be easier to install, will be cheaper and will prolly sound better :) . I am happy with the way Bose sounds however.
Originally posted by GrahamC230K
So what do the rear BOSE speakers look like?

The fronts you had pics of looked totally different.

Are the rears still mounted facing the boot?
The rear speakers are nice :)

Attachments

• rearbose.jpg
    rearbose.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 416
I updated my car with these badges on the rear shelf too.... shame I have no speakers in the back or even bose!

any idea what alternatives there are for the shelf mounted subs, they are only 6" aren't they ?

any idea what alternatives there are for the shelf mounted subs, they are only 6" aren't they ?

Remove them and put something bigger in the boot!

I'm tempted to get some for mine even though BOSE wasn't an option, the only upgrade was to Harmon/Kardon LOGIC 7.

I think BOSE would look better though!

You could always take the back seats out and put some BIG ones in their place, like Chris Eubank did in his Aston Martin :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom