Got mugged sunday:(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Raw

Car
230 SLK 1998
As the title says i got mugged after work on sunday(4am monday morning), totally gutted, nothing like that's ever happend to me before and its shaken me up a fair bit.

I'm 6'2 and a good 16 stone, i've boxed a bit so i dont really look a easy target, but i belive it was all planned very well, i promote clubs and on certain nights i front them on the door etc, everything from hiring the door team to the dj's and someones been watching me and followed me home, its taught me not to carry cash no more etc, but its upset me as its outside my front door and i have too small childran etc, i have not had the car long so they prob didnt even know i had it, they came from behing a coner after i locked my car and took six steps forward, they tried to creep up and had a steel bar etc, they said "give me THE money!Give me THE money", i looked at them, thought about going for it, and thought bugger this, i said here....have it...and threw it on the floor, it was a bit windy and some blew away, but whilst i thought they would then leave they said get over here to which i thought no chance and made my exit sharpish.......police were rapid and had traffic then 6 police in a van plus tracker dog within 15 mins, track went cold around the corner so they must have had the car there......gutted is the word as i think its someone who knows me:(

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate event, at least the low-lifes did not physically hurt you.
In Brazil, muggings are not too uncommon and more often than not are done using guns and frequently fatal.
The most recent fad among criminal is "Sequestro relampago" or "lightning kidnaps" for quick hard cash.

Last edited:
Indeed, they did not hurt me and looking at the news lately with people getting killed for a phone then i was indeed lucky.

Police say the person prob knew me and my pattern etc, but also said they had some muggings in the area from students coming home in the small hours and a few had refused to hand over there money or phones and were batterd, some had head injuries some had broken legs etc.

Shock can be an unpleasant experience and no matter how big we are, or how good a fight we can talk, when push comes to shove we will all react differently.

If you have brushed this incident off then fine, but if not then talk, talk and talk some more. If you can go out for a drink and have a laugh about this GO FOR IT. Do NOT bottle it up.

Sorry if I sound patronising, that is not my intent. I have posted this publicly for the benefit of all and thank goodness you are un-injured. fingers crosed they catch these robbers because you were robbed not mugged this was ROBBERY.

I'm sure you are aware of this but I hate it when we try to play down a very violent, nasty and serious criminal act;

Putting the victim in fear of bodily injury is sufficient. The fear can be aroused by words or gestures, such as threatening the victim with a weapon. The threat of immediate bodily injury or death does not have to be directed at the owner of the property. It may be made to a member of the owner's family, other relatives, or even someone in the owner's company.

Wishing you all the best

Yours sincerely
John

Really sorry to hear this, but you definately did the right thing, there's no honour in getting injured, discretion being the better part of valour. Do your best to forget about it, threes nothing to be gained reliving the experience and wondering if you could/should have acted differently, your instincts were right and you should commend yourself for them.

Edit: As Glojo says, if it is playing on your mind, you really should talk about it bottling up is not healthy at all.

Last edited:
You did the right thing Mr. Raw.

Hope they catch the *******.

Very best wishes in dealing with this nasty incident.

Dave

Very sorry to hear of your experience, it really knocks the stuffing out of you and as you say when you have children makes you feel all the more vulnerable.

I was mugged about 10 years ago now on my way from work to the train station, in mugging terms it was all very cordial really. Guy wanted my cash card and the number which I gave him(there was only £10 left to draw for that day), when he then told me to go with him to the cash point I refused and told him I was going to catch my train - thankfully this arrangement was agreeable to him and that was the end of it.

I really don't think about it at all any more, but I am very suspicious of anyone coming up me asking the time(the mugger's tactic) or directions. This was one of the main reasons for me not using public transport for many years.

As above glad your ok.

I'm like you 6ft 2, .....stone :) and consider myself reasonable safe (ie not an easy target). Standing up to these yobs is probably the worse thing you could have done.

How many times do we hear on the new horrible storys where people have stood up for their property and paid the ultimate price.

I hope these people get caught.

As the saying goes.............
"Cemeteries are full of heros"

Its all very well being the big hard man, but I suspect 99% of us would have done exactly the same as you in the circumstances.

John speaks wise words...............

mugged

Thanks for the support folks, i am truely gratefull for this support:)

I am indeed talking openly about it, its was quite a bit of cash, it was a few notes in cash, my own stupid fault for not putting it in the safe, it was not the full amount but was my cut of the event, so from now on i shall have all cash in the safe and the venue will deposit it for me in the bank.

I do other venues in the area, but its all done via bacs and after i pay the dj's etc there is not much left.

I have made other promoters aware so this does not happen to them, and have given the police as much detail as possible inc the silver 4 door merc that followed me in to the open air car park at 3.50am then left straight away etc.

My wifes going nuts as it was outside the door, i am having sleepless nights and have a knife by the bed etc...lol...got to laugh:)

But I am truely grafefull for the support shown here, and if anyone with a MB garage wants to pimp my ride for free then no problems:)

(just kidding)

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this too - you did the right thing in walking and not confronting them - goodness knows what would have happened if you hadn't - god it makes me wonder what the heck is going to happen to turn all this anti social (and downright dangerous) behaviour around. :confused::confused:

They need to give the police back their powers and stop making them have hours of being off the beat filing paperwork when they DO arrest someone.
Policing is not what it use to be (speaking with close second hand knowledge of the job here) but the guys doing the job are as frustrated as anyone!

I'm glad you are safe, that's the main thing in all this.

Contrary to what the media would have us believe the vast majority of the population are decent law abiding human beings, although of course this forum has more than its fair share :D .

Hope you manage to come to terms and return to normal as soon as..

No need to mess about and get your teeth kicked down your throat, it's only money at the end of the day.

This is one of the few times i can think of that MB's surround lighting and panic alarm would help, especially if you know it's coming and they don't.

panic

On a joke side i said about the panic alarm to the wife and she said that if the panic alarm went off on a slk then people would think a woman was being attacked:)

On a joke side i said about the panic alarm to the wife and she said that if the panic alarm went off on a slk then people would think a woman was being attacked:)
haha, Oh well can't have everything right.

I would definitely amend your posts about mentioning of any money but I would also consider consulting with your local Crime Prevention Officer. They are experts at giving advice regarding personal protection etc.

Knives, bedsides etc
This is a symptom and please try to look at any other things you might be doing that relate either directly or indirectly to this incident :)

Some folks think Post Traumatic Shock Syndrome or even shock only applies in major incidents, but they would be wrong.

Yours sincerely
John

Mate, there is no point being a hero for a phone, money or even a car (if it's an MB or not).

There is so much more to life - family, friends etc. And the bottom line is the people that are out there conducting these crimes are heartless and will attempt to take what they have come for, whatever the cost. These guys can be drug or debt fuelled and are seriously twisted in their heads.

I guess what I am saying is when an incident like this happens, it often hits home what is most important to people in life.

Hope you're getting on alright now!
Unil

What they said - and try not to worry, or let your wife worry, about it happening again. If it were organised criminals they will not attempt to rob the same victim again in my view, and if it were chancers then they are just that - unlikely to pick on you again as you will have changed your cash carrying habits.

Hope they catch them!

Same thing has happened to me in the past, so know how you feel, took a while for me to feel things were back to normal. Glad to hear you are OK, that's the main thing.

What angers me the most about this is the fact that these scumbags don't want to work for a living. All the want to so is get money the easiest way. They bring nothing to the country and should be thrown out. If only it was as simple as that. I'd say stick 'em all on an island and let them loose to rob and kill each other. Makes me sick when I read stories like this. When are we going to get common sense legislation in this country to bang away scroats like these for many years. Strasbourg and Brussels have put paid to that I'm afraid.

Hope you are ok mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom