Got my first Merc - an S320L

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clarea

Car
2005 S320 cdi Limo
Hi, I have just got my first ever Mercedes - a lovely silver S320L :D

My dad has always loved mercs. He was ill this year and we talked about getting an S class so that I could drive him around in comfort. He passed away much too young a few weeks ago and I went straight out and bought him the car he wanted. I'm so pleased I did, it's amazing to drive and I know he would have loved it.

Without him around I will probably be asking lots of silly questions so apologies in advance!

any SL is nice but the older ones have always been more to my liking

Welcome to this lovely group

Sorry to hear of your loss, I can imagine it brings a little bit of your dad close to you when you go for a drive then :) I would be driving with a big smile :)
Enjoy every moment, I have just purchased my first merc and it's great so far.

TomsAmg - it really does make me feel that bit closer to him. It's an awesome car so I love driving it anyway but it's that extra bit special to me :) Enjoy your car too!

Really must start another thread with all my silly questions (sorry guys!).

Thanks for the nice welcome too. Have learnt a lot already from reading the other posts :)

Clarea. Thats a nice thing to do. My dad had a n reg C class when he died 7 yrs ago and i let his car go with his plate on and i too wished i hadn't and 3 weeks ago bought a SL320 in the same colour and i too feel he's there with me every time i go for a spin . just waiting for dvla to give the go a head to put the plate on my car now.

Hi Clarea, welcome to the forum, your dad will be looking down, proud and smiling as much as you are when driving your S Class.

Thank you for the kind messages. Rusty55 that's great, hope you get your plate on it soon. I bought my dad a private plate for his birthday a couple of years ago and am having it transferred to my car now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom