Got my greasy mitts on a C63..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Greetings, citizens.

Friend of mine owns a C63, I had a (brief) drive yesterday.. and what a piece of kit it is!

My old C43 was a quick car, but this is on a different level.. but then it is 3 generations on and has some 50% more power. :)

It's a bunny to drive around town if you are gentle with the loud pedal. A civilised hum from the engine, silky smooth gear changes and all is serene. Then, when you hit the open road and prod the throttle, it all goes a bit Jeykll and Hyde.. I've driven quite a few properly fast cars, and the C63 is right up there.

I liked: the gearbox (enthusiastic about hanging onto a gear, but smooth downchanges under hard-ish braking), lovely steering feel and bags of grip (but it had been fitted with new tyres the day before), and of course that V8 howl when you give it some.

I wasn't so keen on: the seats (more side support than I need, but that may be because I'm too fat!), the ride was a little harsh but then it's running 19" rims with 35 section tyres, and lastly, the fact that I had to give the keys back!

I could definitely find room for one of those in the garage.. shame I don't have a spare £60K knocking about..

Cheers,

Gaz

The ride on 19" wheels is a bit harsh but I have only driven one C63 and cant compare but my CLS is quite smooth on 18`s or is that the air springs ?

After looking into these I bet you could get a great PCP on a £45k C63 as I cant see them going under £30k anytime soon, its just finding a £45k one

probably the air suspension, my e-class sport on 18"s is fairly harsh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom