Got my own back on the Bank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
A couple of months ago I had a call from Barclays asking me if I'd just spent £706 on the internet, I said “no” and so they cancelled the transaction and opened a fraud enquiry. Well done Barclays!!:rock:

One month later I look on my bank statement and find that £706 has left my account. I call Barclays and find that the transaction was never properly cancelled and in error the payment was released a month later!!! I called the online shop where the money was sent and they refunded me. I also called Barclays to make sure it was properly cancelled.

This got me thinking...at the beginning of the year my Bank charged me £25 because I went a few £'s over my overdraft even though I had several thousand in a savings account with them. :crazy: As I'd been charged for an unauthorised withdrawal I decided to charge them for taking money out of my account without my authorisation. :devil:

I called them up this morning and said very firmly but politely "I would like to charge you £25 for taking my money out of my account without my authorisation"…amazingly the lady on the other end of the line agreed and paid £25 straight into my account.:bannana:

It may be only £25 but being able to get my own back has made my day.:D

strange they cancelled mine immediately after calling me andthey never took the money out of the account

I've always adopted this view with bank charges.....usually works

I called them up this morning and said very firmly but politely "I would like to charge you £25 for taking my money out of my account without my authorisation"…amazingly the lady on the other end of the line agreed and paid £25 straight into my account.:bannana:
They'll be writing to you soon to say they don't want to do business with you any more as your charges are too high! :D

I got my £30 off them after 3months fight +interest

now the next thing i need is one of them hold the line machines.
Anyone phoning me asking to take a new credit card/ account/ loan will be put on hold for 10years

Last edited:
Barclays Lost an interantional payment of mine.. 1 month later after they admitted losing the paperwork i had to redo the forms and made sure i got it expess cleared at their cost

now the next thing i need is one of them hold the line machines.
Anyone phoning me asking to take a new credit card/ account/ loan will be put on hold for 10years

I missed a trick there! although if I were at work I would have got my project manager, Raj, to speak to the lady at the bank whilst laying on a thick Indian accent.

Barclay's cancelled (in error) a cheque book of mine. I am still catching up with stopped cheques. Wonders if I should charge them for embarrassment :cool:

Barclay's cancelled (in error) a cheque book of mine. I am still catching up with stopped cheques. Wonders if I should charge them for embarrassment :cool:

I would have....and you would have found they would have paid too - I have had one or two problems with Barclays - but I must say I find that they sorted it out quickly and effeciently ahd have always paid me compensation....

Last one I got £250....

I got in the region of £1200 in compensation out of Barclays 12 years ago :rock: Their mistake nearly cost me a house.

Maybe I should charge my bank too for taking out charges from my account....hmmm...

I got in the region of £1200 in compensation out of Barclays 12 years ago :rock: Their mistake nearly cost me a house.

£1200.............gee are houses that cheap up north??:D

£1200.............gee are houses that cheap up north??:D

They were 12 years ago. Nearly 10,000 now if you go for a posh one with a bath to keep the coal in:)

They were 12 years ago. Nearly 10,000 now if you go for a posh one with a bath to keep the coal in:)

:p :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom