Got rear ended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
didi w203 said:
Update..Car is a class C write off..insurance would not pay out due to discrepency on my policy .

What happened here? Sounds really odd. As I read it, it should be the other drivers policy paying as they hit you - and presumably that's why you can take legal action to recover your loss? What discrepancy on your policy caused them to avoid paying?

What happened here? Sounds really odd. As I read it, it should be the other drivers policy paying as they hit you - and presumably that's why you can take legal action to recover your loss? What discrepancy on your policy caused them to avoid paying?

It was to do with a claim my Broker didn't put on the policy (at their discretion and which I did disclose) so the underwriters picked up on this and said I did not declare such claim and policy made void.

It's all in hand now as my solicitor is claiming from the third party direct. Will take couple of months to sort everything including compensation.

You have a claim there against the broker; if you can prove you told him about previous accident.

see FCA website.

You have a claim there against the broker; if you can prove you told him about previous accident.

see FCA website.

That is my next mission. ..It was done over the phone so I'm going to try obtain phone call if it was recorded then great. ..If not boo hoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom