GOt some new toys for the CDI!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KosherBenz

Car
2006 E320 CDI
34469.jpg

Euro head unit.
34470.jpg

interesting Kleeman box - how muchish for one of those may i ask?

blassberg said:
interesting Kleeman box - how muchish for one of those may i ask?
I was actually going to buy it from Kleemann for $1100 USD but someone on my other mercedes forum sold his E320CDI and was selling the KDbox for $500. I picked it up real quick.:rock:

What is the standard issue Comand in the US?

DieselE said:
3 main diffrences.
1. We have sat radio over here so they replaced your video button (no video in the US) with a "sat" button to change to satelite radio. ( I do not have this option, $500 + $12 a month)

2. We do not have RDS ( names of the songs as they are being played).

3. We have a very annoying american navigation voice, The british chicks navigation voice is Sexy!:cool:

:)
RDS gives station names. Its DAB that gives song names and that is not yet available in COMAND unless I'm mistaken (I don't have it)

blassberg said:
RDS gives station names. Its DAB that gives song names and that is not yet available in COMAND unless I'm mistaken (I don't have it)

Correct.

I didn't realise MB were selling the E320 CDI in the USA. Is that the in-line or the V6? You must be pretty unique on the roads out there, Kosher Benz.

Driving in Europe, i had the station and song name appear on screen, has to be the station

blassberg said:

Radio Text is so under used - the odd FM station gives you the artisit and track name as they play them though.

When you listen to some of London stations, probably pirate ones thinking about it, they'll often scroll a mobile number and messages along with the name of the station.

All fine but can be a bit disconcerting as it scrolls across the cluster display in front of you...

Also, the music is generally sh*te.

jeremytaylor said:
Correct.

I didn't realise MB were selling the E320 CDI in the USA. Is that the in-line or the V6? You must be pretty unique on the roads out there, Kosher Benz.
2005 and 2006 CDI's are the I6, I think the 2007's will be the new v6

DieselE said:

Hi Kosher,
Am I right in thinking that the basic 'COMAND' comes as standard with the US E-class

Modular COMAND Cockpit Management and Data system integrates an AM/FM stereo/weatherband radio, single-CD player, large color-LCD screen and controls for the optional in-dash 6-disc CD changer and phone. Ten mode-dependent soft keys alongside the screen allow easy access to commands and on-screen menus.
9-speaker audio system with 4-channel

The COMAND as we know it with navigation might be the $1400 option?

Or am I way out of step?

Regards,
John

the us command (standard equipment) unit is the same with ot without the navigation option. It is the large screen high end unit. The navigation option just adds the navigation drive in the trunk.

you were correct, mine looks just like that..

"Modular COMAND Cockpit Management and Data system integrates an AM/FM stereo/weatherband radio, single-CD player, large color-LCD screen and controls for the optional in-dash 6-disc CD changer and phone. Ten mode-dependent soft keys alongside the screen allow easy access to commands and on-screen menus.
9-speaker audio system with 4-channel "

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom