Got the 190, now the daily's arrived.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's simply gorgeous.
What a car!!

So Dave, are you being kinder to your neighbours...what's the start up noise like?

congrats Dave :) lovely mota

Sorry Dave, just picked up this post....fantastic motor (and the slobber won't show tooooo bad :) )

Health to enjoy-lovely motor. Remember-if you are getting more than 10 mpg, you are not driving it properly.

Fab car and love the colour. By the way that you described your "experience" of Mercedes sales and the car being perfectly clean and ready your salesman must have been Ian Chatten ?

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. I must admit to being impressed with the car so far, been cleaning it most of today as a dealer can never seem to get that side of things right...

A few simple answers to various questions: -

Wow...those slabs are clean! :D

Awesome motor Dave, looks amazing. Enjoy :thumb:

The flags were new and put there temporarily (about 3 years ago) to provide additional parking until I decide what to do about a permanent solution, hence the "gravel trap". that was to save money, purely and simply. :)

Side by Side pics with a "real" car please :)

Unfortunately I can't move the "proper car" at the moment as I drained the oil at the weekend. :(

So Dave, are you being kinder to your neighbours...what's the start up noise like?

A lot quieter than the taxi was C, next door doesn't even notice it, though she is over 80 and deaf as a post. :D

I've been rooting round the boot today and noticed that there isn't a wheel brace or a jack. There is a cut out in the polystyrene which looks like it should hold a brace, but no room for a jack anyway. I'm not really bothered about either but it would be nice to have something.

There was a nice new cleaning kit in there, containing various polishes, and aerosol of "interior cleaner" and a sponge. :eek:

Think we'll give that lot a miss. :D

Health to enjoy-lovely motor. Remember-if you are getting more than 10 mpg, you are not driving it properly.

Cheers, I'm expecting nearer to 30mpg on a run to be honest, I was getting mid - high 20s out of the M157 with over 850bhp. :D

Wrong time o' year for that question! Imagine on a cold frosty dark Jan/Feb morning! :eek:

The M177 seems a lot more subdued to be fair, unlike the last one with Weistec downpipes and no cats. :cool:

Fab car and love the colour. By the way that you described your "experience" of Mercedes sales and the car being perfectly clean and ready your salesman must have been Ian Chatten ?

Thanks for the comments, The person I dealt with was a Steven Tulip. Good all round guy, knowledgeable about the product and very helpful.

The M177 seems a lot more subdued to be fair, unlike the last one with Weistec downpipes and no cats. :cool:

Yeah I've heard an M176 with straight pipes blah blah start up from cold, it really barks into life and scares the crap out of any unsuspecting passersby.

I guess the turbos and smaller capacity subdue it a bit with the 177, although aren't the turbos bypassed initially in an attempt to get the cat warm faster?

Congratulations, Dave. Excellent colour choice btw ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whist I'm talking about the interior, I must mention the dashboard. A work of art, resembling every kid's idea of a space ship, especially those of us brought up a good few years ago. Awesome set of variable digital displays, and the navigation screen is massive, though taking a bit more getting used to at the moment

E63s%20Dash%2004.jpg

E63s%20Dash%2003.jpg

E63s%20Dash%2002.jpg

E63s%20Dash%2001.jpg

I'm a massive fan of that interior too Dave, it's like Mercedes re-employed the dude who designed the W211 interior because it's got that same 'flow'.

Rest of the car not bad either pal...:thumb:

Wow what's lovely car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom