Got the 190, now the daily's arrived.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done Dave, that really is fantastic looking thing :thumb:

Am drooling! Congratulations what a great buy for a daily driver

I'm a massive fan of that interior too Dave, it's like Mercedes re-employed the dude who designed the W211 interior because it's got that same 'flow'.

Rest of the car not bad either pal...:thumb:

The W211 was/is still my favourite E Class to be honest Lee, used to love my E55. Having said that, this W213 is certainly an impressive bit of kit. :)

I think that the dash is possibly too "busy", in that there's lots of information there but it all takes a fair bit of searching to find it. Whereas before I had a simple press button on the steering wheel, I now have lots of touch pads and menus to scroll through, which tend to detract from what's happening on the road in front of you which, to me at least, is the important bit. ;)

No doubt I'll get used to it, though I would prefer something a little more intuitive. I'm missing a few features at the moment which I would imagine will be in there somewhere, just not sure where as yet.

I'm going to try to get it out at the weekend for a play but with the Bank Holiday on Monday and picking it up on Tuesday, I'm a bit behind work wise at the moment so need to do some catching up.

I think that the dash is possibly too "busy", in that there's lots of information there but it all takes a fair bit of searching to find it. Whereas before I had a simple press button on the steering wheel, I now have lots of touch pads and menus to scroll through, which tend to detract from what's happening on the road in front of you which, to me at least, is the important bit. ;)

Amazing dash in those Dave, but being a total luddite way beyond my ability to deal with! Think I'd have to retrofit a 190 dash:rolleyes:

Congratulations Dave, a fine looking car. Lots of very envious E-Class owners on the Forum I'm sure. Enjoy

Amazing dash in those Dave, but being a total luddite way beyond my ability to deal with! Think I'd have to retrofit a 190 dash:rolleyes:

Like this one Peter? It's nice but staying where it is. :D

Proper switches and everything on it...

Interior%201.jpg

Amazing car...

The tinted glass really suits it... just amazing :D

How's the refinement compared to the 212 Dave ?

Oh I missed this thread yesterday somehow.

Congrats Dave, can't really add much more than what has been said already. Its a beauty.
I'll be interested to read how the 212 and 213 compare when you have got a few miles under your belt.
I agree the dash looks a bit over complicated but very impressive at the same time. I like it a lot.
MB have made huge steps with every new model E class since the W210.
Very pleased for you mate:thumb:

Amazing car...

The tinted glass really suits it... just amazing :D

Part of the night package I believe, it seems to blend in though I suppose. :)

How's the refinement compared to the 212 Dave ?

Totally different cars H.

Without badges you wouldn't believe they were from the same manufacturer to be honest. I thought the 212 was the dogs dangly bits till I had a play with one of these. Try one out mate, you'll be smitten.

Without badges you wouldn't believe they were from the same manufacturer to be honest. I thought the 212 was the dogs dangly bits till I had a play with one of these. Try one out mate, you'll be smitten.
Too dangerous.... I'll need to sell the wife ......hmm tell me more about it.

I darent!

Nicely done Dave. What happened to the mad grey 212?

Peter DLM said:

Gone to a well known forum member.

I've had a bit more chance to use the car now and, so far, I'm quite impressed with the difference between it and the W212.

The performance is excellent considering the reduction in engine size, with the torque still coming in very early down the rev range. This, coupled with a 9 speed box, makes for some impressive acceleration from around 40mph onwards, coupled with the usual shove in the back. The box is silky smooth under normal driving, with seamless shifts taking it up to speed very quickly. It seems like several of the gears are over driven, allowing for around 1,800rpm at 80mph, which is beneficial towards economy if you're bothered about such things. I did a 200 mile round trip for a breakfast today, (just because really) and it returned over 25mpg. I wasn't taking it easy either, it was a "spirited" drive. .:)

The race start thing is still there, though a lot easier to access than the earlier versions, and makes for some rapid starts, with the four wheel drive system just getting on with the job of putting the power down instantly without the traction control constantly intervening. I've not tried the "drift mode" yet as I haven't really had the opportunity, though it will be getting used when I find the right place and time for it and not on a load of roundabouts on public roads...

The seats are still hard, though surprisingly comfortable. I must admit to being concerned about these as my back is pretty weak, though they seem to support me in all the right places. I would liken them to the old W123 seats, firm but relaxing on a longer drive. They're still awkward to get in and out of though, I'm going to have to practice a bit more...

The dashboard, whilst looking impressive, is over complicated in my opinion. I like buttons to access things, not miniature touch pads on the steering wheel which tend to detract from the road conditions and demand all your concentration.

Too dangerous.... I'll need to sell the wife ......hmm tell me more about it.

Smooth, quiet, effortless power.

It seems a lot more subdued than the W212 but this is deceptive.

It picks it's feet up rapidly and can get you into licence losing territory very quickly, yet it doesn't feel like it's doing anything special, just basically goes, with no drama.

As mentioned, gone to a mate who I know will look after it Peter. :thumb:

Side by Side pics with a "real" car please :)

Well, it took a while but here you go: -

2 Mercs 01.jpg

The trail of water is just from where I put the hose away. :)

Nice motor Dave!

White certainly works well on it and the black wheels suit.

A worthy successor...!

Enjoy it.

Hopefully the new owner of your old car will post up soon. Not a surprise he is chuffed at buying it!

They are clean, fairly new too. Have you noticed Dave's installed a gravel trap for when he comes in a little hot headed. :D

I thought it was to prevent cats ****ting near the new paintwork! :D

Lovely car. Health to enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom