Got the Hog out for summer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recall there being a Chipper which was a smaller Chopper.

I believe it was - Chipper - Tomahawk - Chopper.

9577da4217695feaea085f6382a9fd3b_zpshnhixd3o.jpg

Kenny

There were many variants including a ten gear/speed model.

That was the Chopper Sprint - my mate had a metallic bronze one.

It had drop handlebars similar to those on a racing bike and a smaller seat with cut-down "rollbar". I think his still had the three-speed Sturmey Archer gears and with the same heavy frame as the standard model it could never take on a racer.

His had the later T-shaped gear leaver whereas mine and my brother's had the earlier round black one. These were very prone to theft and you had to unscrew them and put them in your pocket when you went into the sweet shop to buy your 5p mix.

Yugguy said:
That is incredibly cool and worth hundreds now. I had the one with the T lever in the central tube - I thought that was cooler than cool when I was kid. I remember the rivalry between us Chopper boys and the Grifter lads. I too had an epic faceplant from trying to corner too quickly in one.

Silver Grifter here. :)

Mk1 was a bit dangerous because of the rear axle location. Meant they could tip over backwards very easily.:

That's as maybe, BUT amazing for doing Wheelies on. :bannana:

Scott_F said:
That was the Chopper Sprint - my mate had a metallic bronze one. It had drop handlebars similar to those on a racing bike and a smaller seat with cut-down "rollbar". I think his still had the three-speed Sturmey Archer gears and with the same heavy frame as the standard model it could never take on a racer. His had the later T-shaped gear leaver whereas mine and my brother's had the earlier round black one. These were very prone to theft and you had to unscrew them and put them in your pocket when you went into the sweet shop to buy your 5p mix.
Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom