Got the SLK back home..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
New (to me) car picked up today.. :bannana:

Got the train down to pick it up along with Mrs. Gaz, couple of hours drive back and all is good.. I have a big grin on my face!

Was annoyed that the supplying dealer had promised me a new MOT and then not got it organised - but it is now booked into my local main dealer for next week, at the supplying dealers' expense.

The car itself is luvverly, really enjoyed the drive back. Particularly the one bit where I got to give the loud pedal a bit of a shove (alright, quite a lot of a shove) coming off a roundabout onto a dual carrigeway - welcome back, Mr. V8 soundtrack :) - you've been missed..

So the car is home and safely ensconced in the garage, but dear me that's a tight fit. There is about an inch and a half either side of the mirrors - a bit squeaky. Just as well it has parktronic (I never thought I'd say that).

Photos and, undoubtedly, questions to follow..

Cheers,

Gaz

We also collected a new to us car this weekend,

Handover was superb in fact so much so I doubt its any better collecting a new S63.

Mercedes Teeside was the garage we collected from 300 mile round trip :)

Enjoy your car

I doubt there will be a problem. The car's only covered 11K in 4 years, and drives like new. The sales guy was suitably embarrassed, having dropped the ball myself in the odd customer-facing situation I know what that feels like, so I resisted the temptation to come down on him too hard.. 6P's

Cheers,

Gaz

11k in 4 years! So you've bought a car significantly less than list price for the pleasure of having someone else run in the engine. Perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom