Got the Turbodiesel Upsoluted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazCaff

MB Enthusiast
Car
'05 E280 CDI Avantgarde
I had my car chipped today by Simon Coe of CCC Tech. Simon came out to me and did the work on site. He did a very professional and tidy job and it only took him a couple of hours start to finish (he would have been quicker if we had not been in conversation all the while!).

He came out with me for a test drive after he had refitted the ECU and all I can say is that when we got back I had a huge grin on my face. When driving the car normally, the main difference you notice is the abundance of torque and the improved response of the engine. When you floor it though, it seriously moves!:D

I've not done a 0-60 run yet with the car modded but I do know that before the chip it ran to 60 in the region of 9.5 seconds. I'll try to do a run somewhere quiet tonight after I've dropped my parents at the airport in the small hours.

Simon is a thouroughly decent chap btw. He gets a thumbs up (and a bannana) from me. :bannana:

nice 1 gaz - to be clear is it a hard chip or a soft remap? I thouight the upsolutes were chips?

It was a chip change, the C250TD is too old for a flash.

I'm still giving myself grins now, it's a total thug if you floor it and feels totally effortless when driven normally. :D

GazCaff said:
It was a chip change, the C250TD is too old for a flash.

I'm still giving myself grins now, it's a total thug if you floor it and feels totally effortless when driven normally. :D

You naughty naughty boy :D have a nana :bannana:

gaz any impact on fuel economy? i know its hard, but u noticed anything?

when Simon did mine, fuel consumption got better on a cruise and worse on a thrash;)

mstar01 said:
gaz any impact on fuel economy? i know its hard, but u noticed anything?

Too early to tell, I've used more diesel on this tank by making myself grin once every couple of miles:D

I shall try to do a "normal" run on my next tank and see how it goes.

Does 0-60 in a smidge over 8 seconds now, that was without doing a quick launch by holding the revs agains the footbrake.

LOVE the sound of THIS! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom