Got to be worth it...for the AMG kit alone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Naff grill and rest looks ropey, worth a punt if it stays less than £1500, it's only a 230K after all...

Looks okay, as you say the kit itself is worth it.

Definitely a cheap run around that may polish up well. Remove the tints, change the grill etc.

If the wheels are genuine AMG could be a good buy.

Great advert. So let me get this straight, he took it in p/ex, so it won't be registered to him presumably, but "its on a private plate so new plates needed to drive away". How's that gonna work then??? Some trader.........

Hmmmm , where can we take a photo of it looking its best ?

I know !! On the waste ground behind the council houses !! Genius !!

It'll show the gaffer tape off a treat !

$(KGrHqN,!i8E3RvI-6QZBN-Q9kH(ww~~_12.JPG

It'll show the gaffer tape off a treat !

$%28KGrHqN,%21i8E3RvI-6QZBN-Q9kH%28ww%7E%7E_12.JPG

/detailer mode on

That's not gaffer tape, they are carbon effect racing stripes

/detailer mode off

:D

I sold mine for £3250, to a dealer! Just before christmas last year..

Mine had done 145K it was a '98 and didn't have the AMG kit on it.. Just some 18" AMG mono II reps..

Guess I got lucky.

how much would the boot lock cost to repair? and how would one get a plate on the car before driving away - is that a quick process?

how much would the boot lock cost to repair? and how would one get a plate on the car before driving away - is that a quick process?

Reading between the lines, the log book probably isn't back from the DVLA and the seller is also too tight to shell out £20 for a set of plates.

Even with all the risks involved, it's still a good buy for someone.

so looking at plates, boot lock repair, probably some rust in the arches (?). Agree. Looks like a good deal. I may offer him my 124 and try my luck ;-) This could be a good runaround.

Last edited:
How does one do an HPI check without a number plate to go on? Excuse ignorance please.

How does one do an HPI check without a number plate to go on? Excuse ignorance please.

You would use either the original Reg. Plate or the one that's just come off. You can use the VIN aswell to a degree.

$(KGrHqN,!i8E3RvI-6QZBN-Q9kH(ww~~_12.JPG

It's in Halifax, they all look like that...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom