Got to collect the car...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Well I'm flying out to Croatia at 10am tomorrow, hopefully have the car by lunchtime and then its gonna be a long old drive back to blighty...hopefully without too many stone chips :rolleyes: I'm hoping to be back home in the UK by Sunday evening assuming all goes well.

I cant wait to see what it looks like. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a good trip Sp!ke. Let us know how you get on M8.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your all over paint job :D Safe journey Sp!ke.

S.

Drive safe and dont let the Police B*****ds in France do you.;)

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
Drive safe and dont let the Police B*****ds in France do you.;)

Getting a bit cold for them now Ian! I saw three traffic cops all summer except for the ones that always lurk around the peages!
Safe journey Sp!ke.

Bob

Originally posted by Motard
Getting a bit cold for them now Ian! I saw three traffic cops all summer except for the ones that always lurk around the peages!
Safe journey Sp!ke.

Bob

My apologies to Bob who is French, not intended as a slur on your Nationality. After all you DO drive a very nice car.

We're back...... journey uneventful apart from the fact that someone failed to clip the front indicator in correctly so it made a leap for freedom somewhere in Austria. :(

Croatia to Calais took 13.5 hours :D for a little over 1100 miles...not a bad average especially as Croatia and Slovenia had two hours of slow B roads plus Austria was mostly 100kmh motorway speed limits but made up for it in Germany and France.

Below is a quick snapshot after the journey, the more observant of you will notice the amber front indicators are back on temporarily, new clear ones to be sourced today.

Cars looking good BTW :) and before anyone says *lowering*, yes I know, its on the 'to-do' list.

image001.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice :) The CE is one of few older Mercs that I always liked the look of, and it looks particularly classy in that colour.

I missed the story of how you ended up getting it from Croatia, off to trawl through the old posts now

Cheers
Andy

*Very* nice Spike. Are you totally happy with the respray? (Bit far to go back now, I suppose :D ).

Great shine on the car (you can almost pick out the leaves on the reflection of the big tree) :cool: looks like they've done a brill job. As mentioned above more piccies please :D

BTW... you have me intrigued, what happened to your old front clear corners?

S.

WOW.....................nothing else to say apart from ....more pics please

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
My apologies to Bob who is French, not intended as a slur on your Nationality. After all you DO drive a very nice car.

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaah, I am not French!!!!! Just choose to live here!! 100% Pure Yorkshireman.

Bob

The car looks great Sp!ke. I am sure the 124 coupe will be one of the most important classics, what a beautiful car.

Bob

Steve_Perry wrote
BTW... you have me intrigued, what happened to your old front clear corners?

Ummm
I Wrote
We're back journey uneventful apart from the fact that someone failed to clip the front indicator in correctly so it made a leap for freedom somewhere in Austria.

lol @ Steve :D

Yes, I will post some more pictures once I get the clear indicators back on. mebbe tomorrow. Keep an eye out in the gallery.

Originally posted by Motard
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaah, I am not French!!!!! Just choose to live here!! 100% Pure Yorkshireman.

Bob

Whoops sorry Bob. Looks like I am going to offend someone here, now where was that exit button?:confused:

No probs Ian, maybe I need to buy a poodle!

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom