Got to sell the CL sadly - none MB replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Well after 5 months and a few thousand mies I have to admit 2 doors are a pain for a daily driver and it has to go.

I've sold it to a pal for £12k, it cost £12,650 and I've spent £800 on two tyres and a check over with some trim replaced with brand new trim.
Car returned 26 mpg overall and has had 3 500 mile trips with no drama at all.

So within my self Imposed £20k limit I looked at options, must be a bargain, big engine and lots if toys. S class too much in S500 spec and Audis don't do it for me, so I'm collecting a 2008 760i from a BMW dealer in Portsmouth next week it's done 36k and has a rel warranty and free next service. V12 6.0 means its unwanted hence the £19k price.

Will update after collection but selling the CL was hard a it's a real quality car I would recommend to anyone.

DVLA must love you....

Brothers boss has a 760iL the LWB version and he's only 5ft 4....

Not sure why..just as its the biggest you can get.

It should be lovely, but I doubt your deal will be as good as selling the Merc come selling the BM?

It's short wheel base with rear entertainment and 4 comfort seats (massage) - I've lost minimal on the CL (lucky) and yes the 760 will be hard to move on but in the real world cars cost money and if I expect £300 a month payment / depreciation and manage to keep the bugger for more than 6 months it mightwork out. I like the fact it's 2008 with full BMW dealer warranty so no bills for at least a year and it will certainly have presence / impact / feel good / all of which the CL unexpectedly delivered in spades for sod all £ wise.

I've bought it blind and fly down to Portsmouth weds to collect - any Merseyside based guys I'll be at the piston heads meet at thurstaston in it on Thursday.

Last edited:
There's no airport in Portsmouth!

7 Series is a great car! I only had the lowly 730d, but it was an event to drive and still one of my favourite and most missed cars. Enjoy! :)

Ok - for Portsmouth one flys into Soton and is collected, the train is via Euston and 5 hours in all. Downside is its from Manchester.
I've had a 730d it was a great car, I expect this to be a near ultimate wafter of bentleyesq quality at less than a third of the price.
Delivered the CL today and was really sad to see it go, we're not finished means the CL but I need 4 doors for a few years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom