Gotcha!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
Body needs tlc and a good ding man but it has a year's ticket , four good boots, 108,000 miles and it is an Azurite blue S202 250TD Elegance. A/c is u/s and the upholstery is cloth but it is a good place to start from and structurally very sound at first glance. Over 1000 miles spent on finding one but this car has found its saviour. Project coming on!

That's a low mileage, good find

What you going to do with the w124?

Brought the new car home last night. Engine and box all happy, needs a sidelight bulb, the exhaust re hanging, the aircon fixing and a jolly good scrub up. Feels a lot tighter than the old one and will provide much enjoyment for years to come. Most importantly, Woman Belong Me says it sounds a lot smoother than the W124 and that, of course is all that matters.

:ttiuwp

Show us that lovely azurite blue! :thumb:

All in good time. This afternoon has been spent removing the chrome eyebrows or "Blingwings" to find that three out of four arches are ok and the driver's wing is due for replacement which was what I expected.
Once the silicone rubber holding them on had been removed and the residue from some rear window film had been fully and carefully removed, I set to with the T-cut and stockinette and have done about a third of the car, which now looks a good bit better. Bunged some cash on a set of folding seats from a C43 which can be modified to fit the car. I think they are electric which will doubtless require me to knock up some switching but for the time being, a lot of cleaning and polishing needs to take place and the back doors need to have the dings taken out.

Oh, well. The C43 seats which I thought were in Hampshire are in Shropshire.
That is simply too far away so I have had to cancel. Still looking for an interior, then. Drat.

Ordered evaporator and condenser for the aircon today and a driver's mirror glass.

Car has been T-cut and scrubbed, the dent in the tailgate has been largely pulled out
The DAB radio has been fitted and the surface rust on the rear arch is now ground out and painted with Bondaprimer.
A kind forumite has sourced a speaker grille and I am looking forward to
making some solid progress on the car next week.
The front wings need changing, the bonnet could do with repainting at the same time and there is an electrical bug of some interest.

All the windows work as one touch, save for the driver's which goes up and down but stops if fully pressed to rise and does not one touch to descend. I am guessing that this is a switch issue or a break in the pcb. There are two switches under the button and I wonder if the front one is malfunctioning and failing to connect the back one correctly.
Looks like I will be doing some debugging...

Hmm. Looks very much like it may be a CANBUS issue. I'll try the one touch reset before going in mob handed.

Nearly one month in, the project is going almost according to plan. Better wheels, fixed aircon, straight rear doors and leather front seats so far. Tomorrow I am off up North to get the back half of the interior.
A whole suspension system, drag link and brake overhaul has been ordered and paid for which will make the car feel as near to new as I will ever experience. Should be finished in three weeks' time.
Next up, a couple of little electronic adjustments and the rest of the coachwork to make pretty.
Stuff the receipts sight unseen in the service history and get ready to enjoy my renovated S202.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom