Gotta love Mobilo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
SRS warning light came on during drive to work so I called Mobilo at about 7:30 this morning. Spoke to Sue who said that it would be OK to drive to the nearest dealer. I said I was unhappy with that so she said no problem, we will recover the vehicle to the dealer of your choice (Preston - 60 miles away)

Got a call 10 minutes later from Aziz <sp?> who clarified my address and said the car would be recovered within an hour. Then got text saying pickup at 8:51 and the guy turned up at 8:52

In the meantime, Enterprise rang and said they would have a car to me - how urgent was it? I said the afternoon would be fine and they turned up at 12:30 with an 07 E-Class 220 CDi AvantGarde.

Gotta pat Mobilo on the back for a drama-free experience! :rock: Times like this when I feel quite smug about owning a MB! :)

P.S. The car is debadged - anybody tell me what it is from the VIN? WDB2110082B1xxxxx Found it!

Update: Just had a call from MB Preston who tell me I need a new airbag :eek: - the car, not me :D. She said a new bag is £275 so I guess by the time you add labour (4 hours you reckon???) and VAT we are looking at around £800 or so! Thank goodness for warranty is all I can say.:rock:

Fantastic service all the way! :bannana:

Last edited:
Especially after my brothers experience with the darkside. He has a BMW 335 Ci which had a blow out on Monday. BMW recovered the car (run flats) to his house on Monday, then moved it to the dealer on Tuesaday. BMW then decided that they cannot get a replacement tyre from Bridgestone as it has not been released for general sale.

He has after a massive row got a hire car from them while they source a tyre, which they are saying will be 5 or 6 days.

Gives me that nice MB glow on the inside!

dAVID

BMW then decided that they cannot get a replacement tyre from Bridgestone as it has not been released for general sale.dAVID

I'm sure mytyres or etyres would have got one sooner, runflats or not.

Russ

I'm sure mytyres or etyres would have got one sooner, runflats or not.

Russ

I don't know. I was too busy telling him how good MB were watching him getting more purple.

I'm sure that BMW are trying fairly hard as they are footing the bill for the hire car.

What airbag need's replacing, easy enough to whip a steering wheel bag out and replace it in under an hour.

SRS warning light came on during drive to work so I called Mobilo at about 7:30 this morning. Spoke to Sue who said that it would be OK to drive to the nearest dealer. I said I was unhappy with that so she said no problem, we will recover the vehicle to the dealer of your choice (Preston - 60 miles away)

Got a call 10 minutes later from Aziz <sp?> who clarified my address and said the car would be recovered within an hour. Then got text saying pickup at 8:51 and the guy turned up at 8:52

In the meantime, Enterprise rang and said they would have a car to me - how urgent was it? I said the afternoon would be fine and they turned up at 12:30 with an 07 E-Class 220 CDi AvantGarde.

Gotta pat Mobilo on the back for a drama-free experience! :rock: Times like this when I feel quite smug about owning a MB! :)

P.S. The car is debadged - anybody tell me what it is from the VIN? WDB2110082B1xxxxx Found it!

Update: Just had a call from MB Preston who tell me I need a new airbag :eek: - the car, not me :D. She said a new bag is £275 so I guess by the time you add labour (4 hours you reckon???) and VAT we are looking at around £800 or so! Thank goodness for warranty is all I can say.:rock:

Steve, if you have to pay anything please contact me before hand. You know why. :D

As a perspective buyer of a new S211 that's very comforting to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom