Gout - Not just for comedic red nosed fat folk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have suffered from gout off and on for about 20 yrs. A large rare steak with a bottle of good red wine is enough to start it off.
Usually lasts about 2 weeks with the pain increasing day by day and then a slow return to normality with a vow to stay off wine and red meat, until the next time.
You have my sympathy

Well I'm ok on the red meat. I'm a veggie. Not really a big wine drinker. Guinness is a big favourite of mine washed down with vodka.

Agree with the broken toe feeling but maybe more painful.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Had it 25 years, last attack 2 years ago, several mini attacks beaten off with anti inflamms. With me nothing brings it on, it's totally random but I get my spider sense for it and hit the indomethacin before it gets me which works.
One warning, if they offer you regular medication to avoid it please decline as it will screw your liver / kidneys up after a while which happened to my FiL
I get it in the ankle but never both ankles - puzzles me that
A very disabling disease very misunderstood.

Had it 25 years, last attack 2 years ago, several mini attacks beaten off with anti inflamms. With me nothing brings it on, it's totally random but I get my spider sense for it and hit the indomethacin before it gets me which works.
One warning, if they offer you regular medication to avoid it please decline as it will screw your liver / kidneys up after a while which happened to my FiL
I get it in the ankle but never both ankles - puzzles me that
A very disabling disease very misunderstood.

Agreed. I took Indomethacin for years as I suffer from psoriatic arthropathy. I now have one kidney and an unbelievably painful back as I can no longer take NSAID's.

Well I'm ok on the red meat. I'm a veggie. Not really a big wine drinker. Guinness is a big favourite of mine washed down with vodka.

Agree with the broken toe feeling but maybe more painful.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

It just occurred to me, your GP may want to aspirate the joint, that's usually, but not always done, to make a the definitive diagnosis. If he does, insist on a decent anaesthetic, believe me, without it, pain finds a new dimension.

Aspenells Organic cider vinegar is your friend, two tablespoons in a tumbler of water 3 times a day and the most severe attack will be gone in less than 3 days. It breaks down and destroys the uric acid crystals that cause the problems on the joints. I suffer an attack maybe once a year I resort to this method up the water intake stay off the meat and onto veggies for a week and it works every time :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom