GPS and radio fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ABravo

Car
W219 CLS 320 C208 CLK 230 convertible r129 SL 320
I have poor radio reception on some motorways.
Could this be related to the aftermarket gps antenna I have discovered while rooting around for loose connections
GPs sometimes gets gets lost, not often and radio is fine in town. Do radio and gps use same antenna. The after market one is in the boot , not connected to the shark tail but stuck to the top of inside the boot ( not boot lid)
Please help

GPS antenna is within the shark tail, radio not. Which after market antenna do you have in the boot, GPS or radio, where is it connected to? Not a good idea to place an antenna behind metal panels, definitely not for GPS. FM radio in town may work without any antenna.

If you have an after market radio antenna, you will lose the amplifier and diversity features most likely.

I have poor radio reception on some motorways.
Could this be related to the aftermarket gps antenna I have discovered while rooting around for loose connections
GPs sometimes gets gets lost, not often and radio is fine in town. Do radio and gps use same antenna. The after market one is in the boot , not connected to the shark tail but stuck to the top of inside the boot ( not boot lid)
Please help

GPS and FM are separate. Not to be confused with each other.

Sounds like car has had something retrofitted. Provide more information on what is in the car and I can advise more accurately.

Thanks for feedback. Replaced gps antenna with another after market one and stuck it in a similar place to last one. Reset Satnav (lost all data) went for drive and it has stared working :bannana:
Merc (for £80) told me the radio was probably due to antenna amplifier. Said it was in the boot at first, bought part of eBay and serched for location ( that's how I damaged gps antenna) when I went back to them they have now said its between rear window and door glass. That's next weekends project :)

image.jpg

GPs is after market. Worked in boot before. Replaced wit something similar , same place. After reset has started working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom