GPS Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Anybody want to make lots of money by incorporating a sattellite navigation unit and GPS 'safety camera' locator into one unit?

Having just recently bought a Sat Nav unit and have been looking at Origin Blue i and the Road Angel GPS locators on the internet, I thought why hasn't or doesn't somebody combine the two into one unit??

Seems a simple thing to do.;)

Hmmm.. good thinking Jimmy :)

I've got 3 separate GPS devices - Comand, OriginBluei and Tracker, which could presumably all work together....

Just from experience, the value of the OBi is the updating, so it includes eg temporary road works; presumably all that would be needed is a removable device to connect to a modem?

Just wondering how hard it would be to integrate with a disc - or do you have in mind a wholly downloadable system for the maps & cameras etc?

I'm already at the limit of my grasp of these things ;)

But it sounds like a good idea to me :)

Have a look at the Morpheous RoadPilot

There are quite a few future plans for the unit, such as adding congestion charging cameras to the database, Traffic information, Navigation via GPRS and other modules.

Could this be the answer???

It is just a shame the only mounting option is a suction cup, otherwise I would have one by now!!!

Originally posted by Guy
I've got 3 separate GPS devices - Comand, OriginBluei and Tracker, which could presumably all work together....
Cammand and OBi yes, but I am not sure the tracker is a good idea. The idea behing tracker is that it is attached to the car, and no-one knows it is there.

If you built that into a single device, which was highly nickable, it sorta defeats the point!!!

Inless it had a battery backup and you could have a Tracker typr device fitted to you car stereo/Nav device, that could be cool!!!

Although I now don't own any GPS devices (briefly had a Morpeous), this occured to me some time ago and I also found it odd.

At least utilising the same GPS aerial, so you only need 1 per vehicle would be a start!

I know you can get re-readiating aerials, but still.

The combination would be a device that tells you where roads works are, the speed limit, the level of traffic, whether there are any static speed traps and where the next roundabout is!

The origin blue eye could be updated using the integrated carphone and GPRS.:D :bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom