Gr8 fitness workout - by shutting a door?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Munkee

Hello people, I have a question that needs answering. Why the hell did MB make the doors on W124's so hard to close? You really have to slam it to shut the bloody thing, excuse my language!

Is there any cure? Are there softer catches available for the 124 or can I fit a catch from another car, is this at all possible?

Any advice please

Thanks

*EDIT*
I don't know if this is in the correct forum, wasn't sure if it is considered as interior or bodywork.

Last edited:
Hi Munkee

Mine shuts fine (same series 124) , is the door lining up properly ? does it appear to drop or lift when you slam it shut or open it ? are the shut lines all the same width round the door ? if you look on the pillar when the door shuts onto, the striker plate is held on by two 'star drive ' bolts, sometimes loosening these off a touch and wiggling it up or down a mil or two can help before retightening it back up ....
Good luck

In addition to what Howard has rightly said, when the door is open, grasp the door bottom at the open end and try to lift it. There should be no movement up or down. If you have movement then new hinge pins will be required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom