Graduating brake lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trando

Car
C63 AMG
Does anyone know if these can be retrofitted or is it just a software tweak?

Do you mean brake lights that pulse when braking hard? I thought it standard on the 204

pulsing brake lights i think can be done via STAR, i know on some w211`s this can be enabled so they pulse when braking hard.

Your going to need some extra hardware surely, to detect how hard the brakes are being applied? That's not to say it's not already present, if other variants in that model range/year have pulsing lights.
But to enable it on a model that never had it would, I think, be difficult. The SAM would need the correct firmware.

There are aftermarket modules available ..

I wouldnt go out my way to get them enabled like aftermarket units etc. I would just get it done if it could be done via star. Not sure if my coupe model had them as optionals or not so not sure if mines would be able to do it. I also wondered about using the front fogs as cornering lights - could this also be done solely by star and not requiring any hardware changes?

W204 should have them as standard. See if you have the below on your datacard.
K11 ADAPTIVE STOP LIGHT FLASHING

Thanks - I have them. I also spoke to my dealer who confirmed that they are standard on mine. Obviously it's a bit tricky to know for sure when you can't see your own car brake....

defo a feature u can enable as well, ive now got the star info for to carry this out on the w211, no extra parts needed, but you are right, certain revision of he rear modules needed, will have a play next time i visit my indi :)

"During heavy braking from a vehicle speed greater than 50km/h, the Electronic Stability Program ESP® activates the new “Adaptive Brake Light” safety function, which makes the brake lights flash instead of just lighting up continuously."

Adaptive Brake Light | Mercedes 500SEC.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom