Grand Designs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The worst Grand Designs episode was when the husband in the husband and wife team died halfway through the build. When asked what she was going to do now, she said "build a smaller house" :mad: .

The best episode was when they spent a gazillion bucks and had a Mondrian style kitchen installed. They popped open one of the drawers and it was full of Tesco value beans. :D

As for the castle, what an achievement! Episodes like that one never fail to annoy me how obstructive planners and their ilk can be. Yes, every build/restoration/application is different and rightly there are standards and criteria that must and should be adhered to but would they rather a crumbling ruin be left to go completely beyond repair or would they rather someone with the money and desire to restore it be allowed to do so without facing hoops that are nigh on impossible to jump through?
The Castle in York is on More4 right now. 👏👍

Remember the Huf Haus. We enjoyed that one. Liked the result and speed and precision of the engineering were amazing.

My favourite has to be the one below in Scotland - the experience they had (i.e. not a lot) and yet the effort and quality of workmanship (including the lead work on the roof) that went into it was very impressive:

jpmultiSchool-House-strutt.jpg

Remember the Huf Haus. We enjoyed that one. Liked the result and speed and precision of the engineering were amazing.

My favourite has to be the one below in Scotland - the experience they had (i.e. not a lot) and yet the effort and quality of workmanship (including the lead work on the roof) that went into it was very impressive:

jpmultiSchool-House-strutt.jpg
I remember the Hilti gun they used on the steelwork. Made me want one. 😍

I remember the Hilti gun they used on the steelwork. Made me want one. 😍

Yeah - that was incredible. I thought it would have come off with a bit of force so I was amazed to see it was that strong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom