Grand Voyager locking wheel nut snapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinlgv

Car
grand voyager 3.3
Hi i have a voyager 3.3 auto R reg and the o/s rear locking wheel nut has snapped off so now i have the collett on the thread holding the wheel on,

Please any ideas on getting it off ????????????????????? Please

Thanks Colin

The part of the locking wheel nut that the key goes in has snapped off and the ones i have taken it to have told me to go to a main dealer which i cannot afford

Not easy without actually being beside the car. Do you need to get the wheel off now?

If not and all your other nuts are fine then leave it till you have some funds. Failing that you would need to try and drill or cold chisel the remainder of the locking bit off the stud. This is obviously not without risk to your hands, your wheels or both.

You could very easily cause more damage and expense by bashing it. I would be tempted to have a go but as soon as it looks like not working give up.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. Good luck.

Does anyone have a workshop manual on pdf i can use to try and work out a way of doing it ????

Have you rung a main dealer to see how much they woujld charge or are you just asuming you cannot afford it as they are a main dealer?

Does anyone have a workshop manual on pdf i can use to try and work out a way of doing it ????
Basically the tools have a counter rotation thread which bites into the stuck bolt head such that as you are "tightening" the socket onto the nut as you are loosening it. You just need to get a large breaker bar on it. It's the tool most garages will use first. You might find a good tyre centre with decent mechanics/fitters who have the necessary experience access to such devices if you ask locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom