Grandsons First Flying Lesson.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
He is 9 on Tuesday. This was his birthday gift from his Mum and Dad.

His smile says it all. Picture taken at Airkix, Manchester today.

Sorry folks file not uploading at 99%. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the picture. Hope he keeps it up.

One of my regrets is that I did not recognise an interest until too late to make it into a career. Dare not go for the lesson as too expensive for a hobby...

Well done! He'll remember it for life. I can relate to that - my 10th Birthday gift from my dad was a one hour flight in a Cessna 172. I brought my camera with me and still have the photos in an album. (somewhere...)

I think it is indoor Skydiving not flying a plane, my mother who is 76 is going to the one at Bedford for her birthday.

Regards

It's never too late to start to learn how to fly. I'm over 70 and only started a couple of years ago. I now fly Ikarus C42's, Pa 28's etc. on a regular basis. The Ikarus is about £125.00 per hour with an instructor or £90.00 without. Once a month or so is just about affordable for me.

Last edited:
It's never too late to start to learn how to fly. I'm over 70 and only started a couple of years ago. I now fly Ikarus C42's, Pa 28's etc. on a regular basis. The Ikarus is about £125.00 per hour with an instructor or £90.00 without. Once a month or so is just about affordable for me.

:eek: That could get interesting! :D

Got a couple of forum buddies working on the picture for me to see if they can get it onto the forum.

Being a Pilot was what i wanted to be when i was younger....still is now! :(

Must work harder next time. :D

Seems I may have done it. Conor is 9 years old tomorrow and loving every moment of his life. His Mum, Dad younger brother (Jacob) and 4 Grandparents were all there to see him fly. His best mate Sam is sat by the door waiting to go in next.

Attachments

• airkix 090.JPG
    airkix 090.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Could somebody suggest a simple photo hosting site for John? (limited amount of photo attachments on this site) with a tutorial maybe?
I do use Photobucket but I don't think it's to simple, I've not tried others.

Hope that doesn't sound to patronising John :p.

Not at all Andy. I did this by sending an email to myself with the picture attached. When I send emails with pictures attached the 'puter always asks "do you want to make the picture smaller" I said yes! Then put the picture back into "My Pictures" and up loaded it from there. I guess my first attempt where it failed to load was because the picture was big by too many maga pixelwatsits.

That looks excellent John - I would imagine that feeling of weightlessness is great.

He's certainly enjoying it.

Oh yes there was a few hefalumps there yesterday. Some of the "pro" showoffs were amazing. Four in the tube at a time and upside down before you could say "Batman"

photobucket or imageshack.us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom