Gratuitous AMG engine & interior shots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyCJ

Car
C32 AMG
For those that asked !

Last edited:
Very nice!! :D

Is that wheel OEM?

It's not OEM. Mercedes don't do a wood/leather steering wheel for the AMG cars. I adapted an aftermarket wheel to take the controls for flappy paddles, rather than retain the boring brown buttons that were on the original wheel.

The OEM wood leather wheel is also non ergonomic, therefore I reckon I've got the only CL55/SL55 with an ergonomic wood/leather flappy paddled steering wheel in the country ! Happy to be proved wrong though :)

It's not OEM. Mercedes don't do a wood/leather steering wheel for the AMG cars. I adapted an aftermarket wheel to take the controls for flappy paddles, rather than retain the boring brown buttons that were on the original wheel.

Interesting as I have a very similar wheel in my S500 and the autobox has the same left/right tiptronic function.

Would the flappy paddles be retro-fittable to a W220 S500 ....... ?

Interesting as I have a very similar wheel in my S500 and the autobox has the same left/right tiptronic function.

Alfie and Richard are the guys for that mod, they would know if it's possible :thumb:

Lovely car and very well maintained!

Oh mate dont go to the All American, especially the heswall grit fest au chamois !!!
My valeter is only £10 or £15 inc inside as well and he will come to you !! he is very good and uses anti grit methodology (grit gard)

Nice motor - look out for my CLS around Prenton / Bromborough

Oh mate dont go to the All American, especially the heswall grit fest au chamois !!!
My valeter is only £10 or £15 inc inside as well and he will come to you !! he is very good and uses anti grit methodology (grit gard)

Nice motor - look out for my CLS around Prenton / Bromborough

I have used the grit fest at Heswall in the past but that air freshener had been hanging around for yonks. I too have 2 buckets, grit guards, karcher, snow foam lance and a totally swirl free car :)

If you have tiptronic you can fit flappy paddles, but it isn't a quick job. Do a search on the forum for flappy paddles. Pete C43 AMG did have a link off another forum with full instructions. You need a dremmel, steady hand and patience !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom