Grease Lightening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLK CHAZ

Car
CLK 350 Sport CAB
Hi
Has anyone used the Grease Lightening waterless car spray solution(on the ideal world shopping channel) and if so how have they found it.
Thanks Chaz

Just received mine today funnily enough after a tip off from a mate..... went to their website and bought their offer at the moment....
Excellent stuff, I'm no detailer but like my car to look good, its quick to apply and gives a glass look shine and removes the dusts in between washes...

Great, was a bit sceptical about the no scratch claims but seems to get good reviews on the website and nice to hear first hand it works. Looks like i will have to get some to keep the CLk looking nice and shiny. Cheers mate
Chaz

I have bought some in the past and it works pretty well. Not sure I'd use it on a really dirty car. I use mine as a polish after a wash.

Showroom shine Ideal world shopping channel have used it for a couple of years a waterless system its fantastic you would think it would scratch the paintwork but believe me it does not and like the name suggests gives a showroon shine fantastic product spray on use one micro fibre to wipe it on a second micro fibre to buff it up can do a C CLASS in about 20 minutes
thumb.gif

Not been sold on the waterless products, most contain heavy fillers and gloss enhancers, so will mask any defects inflicted, I'm sure I was sent some Greased Lightning a few years ago to sample, did leave a glossy finish but wouldn't use it on anything other than the door shuts.

The only one I have ever used is Optimum no rinse, mix it with water like you would a shampoo, would only ever use on a car that has a light dust and in an area that has no water available like a showroom or underground carpark.

Showroom shine Ideal world shopping channel have used it for a couple of years a waterless system its fantastic you would think it would scratch the paintwork but believe me it does not and like the name suggests gives a showroon shine fantastic product spray on use one micro fibre to wipe it on a second micro fibre to buff it up can do a C CLASS in about 20 minutes
thumb.gif

Put the car under some lighting and you may think differently in regards to scratching/marring.:)

Seen it on shopping channel, but dubious as to how it wont scratch paint.
Has anyone used it but washed/ dried car in normal way first?

Put the car under some lighting and you may think differently in regards to scratching/marring.:)

Hi maybe we might meet one day at a GTG you can see for yourself i must admit it does seem unbelievable but i have looked at the paint in every light possible there is no circular marring at all in the clearcoat as you can imagine on a merc its my pride and joy i have every confidance in the product :thumb:

Seen it on shopping channel, but dubious as to how it wont scratch paint.
Has anyone used it but washed/ dried car in normal way first?

Hi Nigel in answer to your question no i have never washed /dried my current car or previous car i was very dubious when i first used the product like you how can you spray on a product on a dirty dusty car wipe the product on lightly with a micro fibre buff up to a fantastic shine with a second micro fibre and not scratch the paintwork but thats how it works :)

Hi There is another thread called ( waterless cleaning ) on this forum have a read at some of the posts that another member has said about showroom shine :dk:

I was extremely sceptical about “Showroom Shine” when my Mum pointed out the advert to me that was showing on TV.
I ordered some just to keep her quiet..:D

BUT, I have to say I 100% agree with jonnymerc about how good this stuff is.
I bought 4 litres of it and have about 1.5 litres left.
Its very easy to use and I even use it (to great effect) on the glass.

A friend of ours (who doesn’t drive) actually bought some just to clean his house windows with..

I think the part of the advert that made me sit up and take notice was when the demonstrator guy repeatedly said “As used by Mercedes in their showrooms”.

I suspect that if that statement wasn’t true then there would have been a comment nae a court action against the “Showroom Shine” sellers.

Buy with confidence and use with pleasure !

Holy Swirlorama Batman! An entire thread full of people who have fallen for an ADVERT! It may look good once, twice, three time.. even four, but eventually you WILL swirl mark your paint. You can not expect to just wipe particulate debris into your paintwork and expect some miracle product to overcome physics. Don't take my work for it.. just wait until some detailers come along to show you the errors of your ways.

Two buckets, grit guards, lambswool, and microfibre towels. A proven way that works. Stop being so lazy! There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I have bought some in the past and it works pretty well. Not sure I'd use it on a really dirty car. I use mine as a polish after a wash.

At least one of you has some sense.

Use this for a few weeks then check out your paint with a Brinkman lamp and prepare to be horrified at the damage you have chosen to inflict.

Last edited:
Holy Swirlorama Batman! An entire thread full of people who have fallen for an ADVERT! It may look good once, twice, three time.. even four, but eventually you WILL swirl mark your paint. You can not expect to just wipe particulate debris into your paintwork and expect some miracle product to overcome physics. Don't take my work for it.. just wait until some detailers come along to show you the errors of your ways.

Two buckets, grit guards, lambswool, and microfibre towels. A proven way that works. Stop being so lazy! There's no such thing as a free lunch.

At least one of you has some sense.

Use this for a few weeks then check out your paint with a Brinkman lamp and prepare to be horrified at the damage you have chosen to inflict.

Hi Pook give Listers a ring they are a Mercedes Dealership and they swear by it

They use it on all new cars, customers cars. i dont think they would endorse this product or use it if it did`t work

IF you want to use 2 little buckets gritguard ,lambswool and all that and spend most of the morning cleaning your car fine :dk: that makes a lot of sence

I have been using showroom shine for 2/3 years no problems it works

Showroom shine was developed in the U.S.A because in a lot of states in America you are not allowed to clean your car with water

I been round the same doubting loop. I would endorse it completely. I took the cautious approach first time & washed my car first - fine

I then tried it on someone else's car (black) without washing - fine.

It's probably not the most durable shine, but it does work, it doesn't scratch and I don't drive around with a Brinkman lamp hovering above the car.

I do get out more often ;);)

I have got some of this, but not used it on the Merc, only the Micra runaround.
Not sure about it, but it works great on the mirrors in the house.

Well used it for the first time. The car was washed and dried first. Not blown away with it but it did do what was claimed. Put a deep shine on the paintwork but some places i felt it didnt do enough. Probebly a good product to use between washes to keep the car shiny but i personally dont think it will replace a good handwash dry and polish.
Regards
Chaz

What a load of Hogwash - Someone is sitting on their yacht in the med because of people being taken in.

Trust me - and prove me wrong > if people just want a 'shiny' looking car and at the same time damage their paint, then go ahead > Your just as well spraying Mr.Sheen on your car and wiping it off > because of the silicones you are getting the same effect.

Absolute no way in hell is that stuff coming near my 55 but for those of you out there not bothered by what damage you do - by using such products - go ahead, squirt some mr sheen on. > with the spare change, buy an expresso

Amazes me how people are taken in >

EDIT: And the reason why it does not 'appear to be scratched is that this stuff acts as a 'filler' - The paint is being damaged and by wiping this stuff on just attempts to cover it up.

I challenge anyone using this and swearing by it to come to me - I will find defects in the paint.

Last edited:
<>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom