Great Day at MSL.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimGreen

Car
2012 Audi R8 V10 + 2017 Mini Cooper (John Cooper Works) + 2015 Honda Fireblade
Well, having sold my 62 plate C63 and tried a few alternatives, I purchased it's replacement................. a 63 plate C63 :D:D:D:D

I just couldn't find anything that gave me the same enjoyment, performance & luxury.

I managed to find a very low mileage (10k from new) in white that appears from it's condition to have been sat in a garage for most of it's life, the bodywork and underside really is as new.

Having had a Eurocharged map on my previous C63, I felt it would be lacking something if I didn't have the same done to the new replacement, so within hours of picking the car up from Mercedes (With a two year warranty included) I made my way to MSL for a remap.

Following a discussion with the guys there, I decided to go with MSL's own map, which they assured me was very similar to the Eurocharged Map.

Following the remap and a session on their dyno, I was impressed with the figures :thumb::thumb:

Roughly equates to pre mapping 454bhp & 457lbs in stock form ............ and 528bhp & 488lbs following mapping

Then following a quick chat, I decided to have the Secondary Decat's removed, along with the resonator...... Wow, it's impressive.

I "May" have to have the resonator replaced though, I still have to make the decision and have a chat with the guys at MSL, the reason being I love using the power, but this draws a lot of attention due to the rasping exhaust, which in turn makes me hesitant to use full power around town or going through villages. A kind of catch 22, but still love it.

Last edited:
Hooligan ! :eek:

I had the same exhaust work done at MSL and I love it, but press that peddle even a tad harshly and that noise...

I've had people tutting dropping my kids off at school, I've set car alarms off and I've scared people with the sound of the car. But do I care? Nah, I love it.

Since I've had the work done I've hardly listened to any music in my car and I'm a huge music lover and normally couldn't go 20 minutes without music. Now, all I listen to is the sound of my car...

Congrats on your car btw!

hAHAHAha....... I know exactly what your saying.....LOL. I have no drone at all cruising at any speed, the inside of the car is still just as nice, it's just the around town (Where I live....lol) that concerns me as I do like to give it a good blast around town. Currently creeping around town and not enjoying that.

hAHAHAha....... I know exactly what your saying.....LOL. I have no drone at all cruising at any speed, the inside of the car is still just as nice, it's just the around town (Where I live....lol) that concerns me as I do like to give it a good blast around town. Currently creeping around town and not enjoying that.

Same here, no drone at all cruising which I'm happy about.

Today I floored it from the traffic lights just to hear the noise, got upto the legal speed of 30mph in seconds and on the other side of the road there was a police car and he just wagged his finger if to say no. I wasn't speeding or even being reckless as there was literally no cars in front of me, I just wanted to hear some V8 noise.

It can draw the wrong kind of stairs, finger pointing etc. for sure.

Jim,

They are great gains and as has been said the noise is fantastic, but you have to be comfortable with it. Your car looks stunning

Your experience is similar to mine. I bought my car just before Christmas and had it delivered to MSL. Even though it was short notice Acid said no problem, let me know what you want doing and we'll do it.......and they did! Acid even arranged for me to pick it up on a Sunday as I was returning from a short break!! Outstanding customer service and once all the mods etc are done I'll be doing a full write up.

Jules

Lol. I've got my primaries and secondary's taken out and a Eurocharged map. Map was done by Jerry at msl when he was over at the open day last year. The car was de catted first, then whent on the rollers after. Jerry ran it as it was before mapping it. I'd had a map on it by another company previously. It spat some massive flames before the map. After having a chat with Jerry and telling him I loved the flames he said he'd make a few special alterations. Yes it's loud!! Yeah it sounds like it's got anti lag when you're gunning it and shut off!! But the flames !! :D:D

Each to there own I know. But I love it!!

Roughly equates to pre mapping 454bhp & 457lbs in stock form ............ and 528bhp & 488lbs following mapping

]

Damn....that's amazing. Your car is bone stock (plus the tune) and it's making 30hp more than my E63

On arrival at Mercedes Benz Birmingham, two weekends ago, this is how my C63 was presented for my collection....... I was impressed that they'd placed a 2013 car in the centre of the showroom on a Saturday morning.

Best pic I have of her at the moment, just 10k miles from new ! ! !

That's where I was in October picking up the CL, just to the left of your car :D

Your car looks sensational man !

I decided to leave the resonator in place and go straight for headers and sports-catted mid-pipes (IPE).

I haven't fitted them yet. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Get your A45 down there Steve and come out with a huge smile too!

Hmmm...not sure....

car is only 6 months old with 2.5k miles on it. Loads of warranty left !

Don't wanna push my luck , it`s quick enough for me, and I live miles away from Santa Pod ! :cool:

Hmmm...not sure....

car is only 6 months old with 2.5k miles on it. Loads of warranty left !

Don't wanna push my luck , it`s quick enough for me, and I live miles away from Santa Pod ! :cool:

Santa pod is for p...!lol
We do proper 1.5mile stripes!;-)

ha ha !!

Gotta say, `straight-linin` aint really my thing....

Coming from a bike back ground, I loooove corners ! :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom