Great price for an awesome car - Die Hammer!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
Have you seen this auction for a 6.0L Hammer coupé?

I alsmost pooped my boxers when I red how much this car went for!
A whopping $661,800 USD! :eek:
Seller smiles checking his bank account, all that money for his old AMG minus the auction fees.

Such a menacing looking car, me likes it a lot! :thumb:
Why don't MB manufacture such great cars anymore, they could make a MKII version. :crazy:
Almost everything MB manaufacture today is compared to dogshite! 💩

Why don't MB manufacture such great cars anymore, they could make a MKII version. :crazy:......

The main reason is because MB NEVER made such cars (pre merger), Stock cars were purchased brand new from MB and handed over to get 'hammered' !! Bit like this . But I know what you mean , they are nut's , especially when you remember just what was available in the late 80's.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why don't MB manufacture such great cars anymore, they could make a MKII version. :crazy:
Mercedes never did, but AMG and Brabus would back in the day. AMG won’t undertake such projects any more but Brabus will.

You need deep pockets for a full-on conversation such as a car inspired by the Hammer, but that was also the case in the 1980s.

The equivalent today would be the Brabus Rocket based upon the AMG GT 63 4-door, with 900 PS is too could out-drag supercars.

Back then AMG was privately owned by Aufrecht und Melcher.
Private company AMG was very exclusive, what is it nowadays when MB owns it, watered down?
AMG back then and nowadays you could compare to a high priced single malt or cheap blended whiskey like Ballantine's?

Now that MB actually owns AMG they could do special orders for special needy customers with thick wallets.
MB could replicate or re-design all cosmetic and interior parts with modern day engine tuning and do a MKII version car which would probably cost an arm and a leg to sell?

DeLorean and Jensen Interceptor were re-invented many years ago.
MB could have a special division making classic AMG cars from W116 - C126-W126 or C124-W124
That would have been fun but very steep for their special customers.

Last edited:
MB could have a special division making classic AMG cars from W116 - C126-W126 or C124-W124

MB certainly used to sell some original 'oldtimer' cars. When I was last at the Stuttgart museum (2015) they had a range of them on display there, including a 1994 E60 Limited (one of only twelve made) with 46k miles ... a bargain at 189k Euros:

1659888844989.png

1659888907454.png

They also had a 1998 CLK-LM race car for sale, although that was "POA"!

1659889293526.png

1659889391107.png

the E60 AMG is certainly brute force!
is it still for sale?

Looks like they only have cars for sale in the US at the moment:

Check the price on the 300 SL Roadster! :eek: o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom